Saiga-12K" version 030-1 Project

What trigger, hammer, and disconnector are you using? If these are US parts then with the US mags you are fine as is with the parts you listed above. Since you are using a folding stock, assuming 5.5mm russian stock set, you may have to wait to use russian mags until someone releases a new puck that is US made or if your handguard is foreign (unsure) then maybe find a US made set and replace and you should be good to go with any magazine.

I made my own tappet, I completly forgot about the FCG (Thanks) yes russian 5.5 SVDS, no us manufactured AK style replacement HG yet,

So what is the parts count on an IZ-433 / 030

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks bro!   By the way... I have solved the issue of how to remove the gas puck/tappet without a separate tool.         Those sneeky Russians....      

Saiga-12K" version 030-1 initial mokup   Testing in the near future   430mm barrel   custom 10 slot win choke adapter   custom gas block w/ rail   saiga 12 SVDS w/recoil pad   molot PG o

I'm about 80% done with mine. I got the basic conversion done today but am waiting on a set of templates from RamLake to help cut the rear of the receiver for the side folding trunnion. So, I put a

Posted Images

For some reason I'm drawing a blank when you say tappet? I Know I should know what you're talking about but for the life of me I can't......I hate blond moments.

Hopefully I don't make an @s$ out of myself but I would assume (uh-oh) that the parts count is the same between the 433 and 109's as they should be the same with exception to the way the gas is regulated. Sorry on the stock part, I was thinking of the people above who were using poly folders. I knew you were using the SVD stock (read envious).

On the AK handguards, are they the same as what fits an AK or are they different so they fit the s12 barrel and what not? If they're the same doesn't KVAR make US sets?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17030&cat=366&page=1

Edited by Scorch95

433-030 parts after conversion:

buttstock

pistol grip

receiver

trigger/hammer/disconnector

trunion

bolt carrier/bolt/op rod

piston

barrel

foregrip

muzzle attachment

mag body

mag follower

mag floorplate

Total: by my count that's 17 parts. I think it is 1 more than an AK rifle because of the separate piston and "op rod". I hope the US folks step up and make some parts like a US piston and foregrip for this gun or else it will be hard to use a factory magazine.

buttstock

pistol grip

receiver

trunion

bolt carrier/bolt/op rod

piston

barrel

foregrip

muzzle attachment

mag body

mag follower

mag floorplate

Total: by my count that's 17 parts. I think it is 1 more than an AK rifle because of the separate piston and "op rod". I hope the US folks step up and make some parts like a US piston and foregrip for this gun or else it will be hard to use a factory magazine.

EDIT: Assuming current part counts are correct with the iz-433, you have 17 potential parts to take into consideration.

The muzzle attachment is the iffy portion on whether or not ATF see's a thread protector as an attachment per say but he's stated he's using a US made attachment. If the 433's op rod is the same as a regular S12 then you could potentially just install a tom cole rod. It's hard right now being the model is new to being imported here.

At this point he would have the following imported parts:

Receiver

barrel

mounting block

bolt

bolt carrier

gas piston

buttstock

magazine body

follower

floor plate

10 foreign parts and perfectly legal with any magazine. But that would be replacing hand guard and op-rod on top of trigger, hammer, disconnector, & using a US pistol grip which he said he does for the moment.

Edited by Scorch95

For some reason I'm drawing a blank when you say tappet? I Know I should know what you're talking about but for the life of me I can't......I hate blond moments.

Hopefully I don't make an @s$ out of myself but I would assume (uh-oh) that the parts count is the same between the 433 and 109's as they should be the same with exception to the way the gas is regulated. Sorry on the stock part, I was thinking of the people above who were using poly folders. I knew you were using the SVD stock (read envious).

On the AK handguards, are they the same as what fits an AK or are they different so they fit the s12 barrel and what not? If they're the same doesn't KVAR make US sets?

http://www.k-var.com...&cat=366&page=1

some people call them pucks

There are russian poly's and US made polys, luckly I have both

Kavar / Arsenal lower handguard requires enlarging inside barrel contour and there's not enough material. It will break thru in the rib area's. I have the HG yoy refer to in front of me now.

Thanks for the info

Well on the rifles the op-rod is the piston where as on the shotgun the puck is the piston. Well crud, looking back at it, I don't think the hd rod counts as a 922r part so we may be out of luck until a new puck comes out.

No problem, was just throwing out ideas even though I'm fairly confident you know all of this bad_smile.gif .

Didn't realize that they had to be opened up. That stinks as that throws my plans out for the time being.

Edited by Scorch95

I see on Dinzag site that the trunion or mounting block might not be considered a part in a shotgun by ATF, for whatever reason. That would bring the parts count to 16, so 6 parts replaced would be needed. I would use a US pistol grip, T/H/S, muzzle brake and floorplate to use factory mags. If the trunion is counted, I would use US mags till the makers increase the number of US made parts.

Legion USA is selling the converted guns with factory mags. I wonder which of their parts is US made?

buttstock

pistol grip

receiver

trunion

bolt carrier/bolt/op rod

piston

barrel

foregrip

muzzle attachment

mag body

mag follower

mag floorplate

The pistol grip would only count if it's a non US part and since it doesn't import that way we don't have to count it in its base configuration. Total parts count is likely 15 or 16 depending on muzzle attachment.

The muzzle attachment is the iffy portion on whether or not ATF see's a thread protector as an attachment per say but he's stated he's using a US made attachment. If the 433's op rod is the same as a regular S12 then you could potentially just install a tom cole rod. It's hard right now being the model is new to being imported here.

At this point he would have the following imported parts:

Receiver

barrel

mounting block

bolt

bolt carrier

gas piston

buttstock

magazine body

follower

floor plate

10 foreign parts and perfectly legal with any magazine. But that would be replacing hand guard and op-rod on top of trigger, hammer, disconnector, & using a US pistol grip which he said he does for the moment.

At 17 foreign parts I think I look OK

1) US made muzzle device

2) US made tappet

3) us made trigger

4) us made hammer

5) us made disconnector

6) us made PG

7) us made floor plates

Anyway luckly I've got the AGP magwell / LBHO mags working perfectly, I also have been hoarding the 8rd russian magwell mags for the last couple of years big_smile.gif

030 / IZ-433 op rods are completly different than 108 / 109

It seems there is a lot of people who have bought izzy PG's / izzy muzzle breaks / and the russian poly's that are going to have to be creative indeed

Edited by RamLake

Anyway luckly I've got the AGP magwell / LBHO mags working perfectly, I also have been hoarding the 8rd russian magwell mags for the last couple of years big_smile.gif

I would be willing to help relieve you of that particular problem . It would be hard on me but I could take one or 5 or all greedy.gif for the team here at saiga-12.

Aren't the US folders with a 4.5mm hinge? I know it would be crazy expensive considering you'd have to have both Russian and US stocks but could you change it over using the 5.5mm hinge using the Russian parts on the US stock and be good to go? I don't have mine in hand yet to see if its even possible, just curious.

Edited by Scorch95

I would be willing to help relieve you of that particular problem . It would be hard on me but I could take one or 5 or all greedy.gif for the team here at saiga-12.

Aren't the US folders with a 4.5mm hinge? I know it would be crazy expensive considering you'd have to have both Russian and US stocks but could you change it over using the 5.5mm hinge using the Russian parts on the US stock and be good to go? I don't have mine in hand yet to see if its even possible, just curious.

I have US and russian poly's but really like the SVDS making it a clone 030-1

no us manufactured AK style replacement HG yet,

What about the Iron wood designs S12 handguard sets?

7) us made floor plates

Did you make your own or buy them?

Made my own

Do you make your own Fire control group aswell. Can you give any details on how the conversion differed from a standard S12, mainly the FCG portion. Was it any different with the LRBHO?

Thanks

AZG

For 922r, I got around it by using a floorplate from this guy: http://www.boomsticksforever.com/fplates.html

I also took a follower from a SGM 8 round mag and installed it in the Vepr 8 round mag. It cycles just fine but the LRBHO does not function. This is a temporary work around for me until someone starts selling tappets/pucks.

God, I love jumping through hoops for silly laws.

• Like 1

Yup, I ordered a few from them too.

Does a Vepr BHO follower in a modified US mag work?

If Legion is OK selling their converted guns with an imported mag, then we should be OK using an imported mag with US floor plate with imported folding stock... it's musical chairs using gun parts!

no us manufactured AK style replacement HG yet,

What about the Iron wood designs S12 handguard sets?

7) us made floor plates

Did you make your own or buy them?

Made my own

Do you make your own Fire control group aswell. Can you give any details on how the conversion differed from a standard S12, mainly the FCG portion. Was it any different with the LRBHO?

Thanks

AZG

Only that the LRBHO is a LOT easier to install!!!! super_man.gif Absolutly the same as 108 / 109

Edited by RamLake
  • Like 1

Saiga-12K" version 030-1 initial mokup

Testing in the near future Johnboy.gif

430mm barrel

custom 10 slot win choke adapter

custom gas block w/ rail

saiga 12 SVDS w/recoil pad

molot PG on the way from Russ Mil

PK-A Red Dot in transit

post-23663-0-05611300-1329604937_thumb.jpg

Looks great along with a Spetnaz 3 w 430mm barrel

post-23663-0-66172200-1329608071_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-13335700-1329604743_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-64744000-1329604751_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-70802700-1329604758_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-48794700-1329604777_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-25746100-1329604796_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-43567200-1329604890_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-03219700-1329604903_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-06259300-1329604912_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-96496300-1329604920_thumb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHDwXN1hnk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S3lLGedtKc

Made my butt pucker when I didn't see any coolant being pumped while the barrel was being cut! Are my eyes getting that bad? Edited by unclejake

Saiga-12K" version 030-1 initial mokup

Testing in the near future Johnboy.gif

430mm barrel

custom 10 slot win choke adapter

custom gas block w/ rail

saiga 12 SVDS w/recoil pad

molot PG on the way from Russ Mil

PK-A Red Dot in transit

post-23663-0-05611300-1329604937_thumb.jpg

Looks great along with a Spetnaz 3 w 430mm barrel

post-23663-0-66172200-1329608071_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-13335700-1329604743_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-64744000-1329604751_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-70802700-1329604758_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-48794700-1329604777_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-25746100-1329604796_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-43567200-1329604890_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-03219700-1329604903_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-06259300-1329604912_thumb.jpg

post-23663-0-96496300-1329604920_thumb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHDwXN1hnk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S3lLGedtKc

Made my butt pucker when I didn't see any coolant being pumped while the barrel was being cut! Are my eyes getting that bad?

Hard to show cutting oil brush / turn dials / and hold the camera with only 2 hands haha.gif

More toys came in anger.gif

post-23663-0-24943100-1330735383_thumb.jpg

• Like 2