P-Grip conversion - FCG issues?

Does a standard US made AK FCG drop right in, or does it require modification or something else? Someone said somewhere that the Saiga 308 has something more, a sear, which requires an extra US part to be added. If this is so, what modifications to the FCG are necessary. Having converted a 7.62x39mm Saiga to P-grip, I dunno how a US made FCG can go in yet need another part.

Main reason for conversion would be a better trigger and farther center of gravity rearwards.

I just finished doing my mods and trying to decide on what furniture to put on her after I cut the hole for the pistol grip stud. A Red Star Arms trigger for the VEPRII .308 dropped right in with no problems. There is no extra part, just a clearance cut for the hammer that is different.

The modification was much easier than a 7.62x39 mod. No extra trigger pin holes to mess with, just punch out the trigger/hammer and then knock out a few rivets and spot welds on the lower plate.

Good Shooting

Red