Saiga 12 Trigger Guard

Just wondering which trigger guards did everyone use. I have seen so many variants and wondering why some trigger guards will work on all other Saiga AKs but not the Saiga 12s? Seen the Saiga military trigger guard but the site that was selling it did not say if mounting hardware came with it. Also saw some very expensive trigger guards 45... 50 dollars plus! Its just a trigger guard not a gold plated trigger guard. Any help or links would be appreciated. Thanks

Bolt-on or rivet?

RAM

Tromix

Re use stock

AK Builder

MD Arms

Saigatech

JTE

TAC47

And a few more

Pick your flavor. depends on how in depth you want to get with the install, what features you want and how much money you want to spend .

I personally use the older style RAM bolt-on, modified to use an AK pistol grip nut, i'm happy with it for what it is. Eventually i'll upgrade to a rivet on "AK Builder" guard

I went with the weld-on Tromix, and I really like it. I used the weld on nipple safety stop with it. Works well for me. This choice gives you an excuse to get those receiver holes welded up and install a weld on back plate. Just noticed how bad my paint looks, this gun has been used a lot.

post-19600-0-87890600-1329841555_thumb.jpg

Edited by King of the Hill

I also made my own reinforcement plates / stops / and modify bulgy gaurds

Thanks sKott, you continue to be an inspiration to many of us!!

post-23663-0-88411400-1330531208_thumb.jpg

That's some great lookin stuff. Wish I had a table like that!!!

Thank you all for the tips, information and help. It did help in making a decision on which to get (was going to go with Cobras) but a friend told me of someone selling Saiga12 parts. I contacted him and picked up a CSS trigger guard for twenty dollars.