I made a kid's day today.

I just got the biggest kick out of watching this kid shoot my gun!

Because the local range does not allow full auto, I head out to to the closest BLM ground I can find. Which, by the way, is about to get shutdown:-(. Anyway, I was out today testing a 9mm UMP, a Benelli M4, and a Max11/22. I finally found the right ammo for the Max11/22 kit. The thing was running like a scalded dog. Finally!!!

There were a few other people out. I guess the guy up the road thought that, because I was shooting "semiautos," I might know how to solve his problems. He drove up with a kid that I would guess was 13-14 years old. The guy asked if I knew anything about pistols. Long story short, I tried but could not properly diagnos his problem. The whole time the kid is looking at the guns on my tailgate. We shot the shit for a long time. I kept catching the kid looking at my guns. Finally, I asked if the kid would like to shoot a full auto gun. You should have seen his eyes! He was all lit up. I explained how the gun operated, how a open bolt gun differs from what he was used to, proper stance, what to do if it had a run away on him, etc. Then, I decided that it would be better if I threw a suppressor on it. He about shit himself when I grabbed it out of the bag and screwed it on. "Just like in the movies". He stepped up and ran the 40 rounds like a champ. He was so pumped! So was I! He walked away quite a bit taller.

Its always fun to see someone have a random life changing experience;-)

• Like 11

Great Job. I went to as a guest to one of our local ranges today. When I get out of the vehicle There is a plaque that read "This range is dedicated to 'Name Withheld' Vietnam Veteran, Master Gunsmith, and Great friend." As a thirteen year old boy my father took me to his shop to have a bead put on my shotgun, I was amazed at his Class 3 and military style weapons. I was hooked. As I got older and he guided me in purchases and gave me pointers and he may never known how much that first visit influenced me. When I returned to my hometown in 2011 my Father told me he had passed away.

You never know how much your actions today may affect that young boys future. So always give your best.

• Like 1

I just got the biggest kick out of watching this kid shoot my gun!

Because the local range does not allow full auto, I head out to to the closest BLM ground I can find. Which, by the way, is about to get shutdown:-(. Anyway, I was out today testing a 9mm UMP, a Benelli M4, and a Max11/22. I finally found the right ammo for the Max11/22 kit. The thing was running like a scalded dog. Finally!!!

There were a few other people out. I guess the guy up the road thought that, because I was shooting "semiautos," I might know how to solve his problems. He drove up with a kid that I would guess was 13-14 years old. The guy asked if I knew anything about pistols. Long story short, I tried but could not properly diagnos his problem. The whole time the kid is looking at the guns on my tailgate. We shot the shit for a long time. I kept catching the kid looking at my guns. Finally, I asked if the kid would like to shoot a full auto gun. You should have seen his eyes! He was all lit up. I explained how the gun operated, how a open bolt gun differs from what he was used to, proper stance, what to do if it had a run away on him, etc. Then, I decided that it would be better if I threw a suppressor on it. He about shit himself when I grabbed it out of the bag and screwed it on. "Just like in the movies". He stepped up and ran the 40 rounds like a champ. He was so pumped! So was I! He walked away quite a bit taller.

Its always fun to see someone have a random life changing experience;-)

What ammo works with your Max 11/22 kit? I have the Max 11 kit, still waiting on the .22 kit. I think I have another 4-5 months to go.

Niner,

My kit is finally broken in now. When it's clean, it will almost run CCI mini mags. It loves CCI Velocitors and will pretty much run away with CCI Stingers. Suppressed it will eat the mini mags until it gets too dirty. The Velocitors run great suppressed. I didn't want to try the Stingers suppressed. I'm running a Coastal MIMS9 can.

Everything else (Federal, Winchester, Remington, CCI Blazers, etc.) just ends in frustration.

Niner,

My kit is finally broken in now. When it's clean, it will almost run CCI mini mags. It loves CCI Velocitors and will pretty much run away with CCI Stingers. Suppressed it will eat the mini mags until it gets too dirty. The Velocitors run great suppressed. I didn't want to try the Stingers suppressed. I'm running a Coastal MIMS9 can.

Everything else (Federal, Winchester, Remington, CCI Blazers, etc.) just ends in frustration.

I hear Richard will tune your kit and gun if you send it to him, I may do this when mine gets here and I give it a try. I really want this .22 kit to run that was the main reason I bought it.

I sent it to him when I got it as the extractor was not lined up properly. I know he machined the barrel insert some to get it lined up right. I just got done cleaning it. I think it is going to need to go back again. I see a broken weld:-(. Waiting on reply from Richard.

They are super fun. Now that I know what it eats, I need to work on the mag's catch and get it to the proper height. Some epoxy is in order...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Great job SB. I've shot full auto once and it was a kick in the ass. Never shot suppressed and I really need to as I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a can for my AR(s).

I have put a smile on many faces letting people dump a drum on the S12.

As said above, you've created a lifer outta that boy. He'll never forget "that guy" who let him shoot a full auto suppressed. Hell, I'm 46 and I wouldn't forget you. Due to your avatar, you're already in that category anyhow. Take me shooting and you'll be my full blown hero.