Saiga .223 For Coyote Hunting

I'm considering a Saiga .223 for coyote hunting. What kind of accuracy can I expect with the 16 inch barrel at shots out to 200 yards?

If you do your job the Saiga .223 should be more than capable of taking a coyote out to 200 yards.

I got my new Saiga .223. I got the 20 inch barrel instead of the 16. I've put 65 rounds through it using 3 different brands of ammo, PMC 55 grain fmj, American Eagle 55 grain fmj, and Silver Bear 62 grain jhp, all three performed flawlessly, no jams, no misfires, no stove pipes, no ftf. At 100 yards using iron sights I was pleasently surprised at the accuracy of the rifle, I kid you not, using a steady rest I was shooting 1/2 groups! With a good scope this will be a great coyote killer!! I really like my new Saiga .223!!!

I got my new Saiga .223. I got the 20 inch barrel instead of the 16. I've put 65 rounds through it using 3 different brands of ammo, PMC 55 grain fmj, American Eagle 55 grain fmj, and Silver Bear 62 grain jhp, all three performed flawlessly, no jams, no misfires, no stove pipes, no ftf. At 100 yards using iron sights I was pleasently surprised at the accuracy of the rifle, I kid you not, using a steady rest I was shooting 1/2 groups! With a good scope this will be a great coyote killer!! I really like my new Saiga .223!!!

The 20 inch barrel Saigas are great guns. Both my 223 & 762 twenty inch barrels are more accurate then my 16 inch models of the same caliber.

1/2 inch groups using iron sites is some damn good shooting!!!
  • 3 weeks later...