Restoring Gun Ban in National Parks

http://mcdermott.hou...eases&Itemid=20

In response to the recent shooting death of a Mt. Rainier Park Ranger, Washington Congressman Jim McDermott has introduced this bill.

I personally am deeply saddened by the shooting death of Ranger Margaret Anderson. However, to use this unfortunate event as a springboard for such an irresponsible bill, quite frankly, makes me sick.

Any rational person, which obviously excludes all of the co-sponsors of this bill, would realize that this was an act committed by a deeply disturbed individual and has zero connection with the millions of law abiding citizens who carry firearms legally and responsibly every day. The endangerment of our right and ability, to arm and protect ourselves, either from wild animals or persons like this is the true story.

I realize that we will never sway the irrational beliefs of the anti-gun zealots. We can, however, make our voices heard, and our votes counted.

Moderator: Meant to post in general discussion forum. Please move.

• Like 1

Not surprising.

The problem I see (and I AM suprised is not being used against us) is that we have a right to bear arms but if we take them into the wild and the bears get them... Well, we don't have the right to arm bears. ;-)

• Like 5

Anybody have a link to the actual text of the bill? In the "new parks" created in Alaska under ANILCA, the right to bear arms was retained. I'm wanting to find out if that will be the case once again in the unlikely event that this passes, or if the exception will be gone. Its kind of important to me since I'm an inholder in one of the parks in question.

Anybody have a link to the actual text of the bill? In the "new parks" created in Alaska under ANILCA, the right to bear arms was retained. I'm wanting to find out if that will be the case once again in the unlikely event that this passes, or if the exception will be gone. Its kind of important to me since I'm an inholder in one of the parks in question.

I know it's OT, but every time I see your avatar, I scream, "AHHHHHH MOTHERLAND!!!"

I know it's OT, but every time I see your avatar, I scream, "AHHHHHH MOTHERLAND!!!"

I love that video. My brother worked in aerospace, and told me he was at a meeting or something and said something from the vid... Next thing you know, the whole group of missile geeks were reciting it together from memory.