Load Bearing Gear?

Got a quick-release molle plate carrier from CTD. Probably the only thing they have that is worth buying. They also have a regular one without the quick release for about $60 last time I checked. Same thing as the Eagle carrier except it's not made in US. Just as good though and my IIIa vest fits under the plates too. Check them out if you are like me and don't want straps and buckles hanging off of you everywhere.
I've had it all, and I can tell you with most gear you get what you pay for. To say that Condor or Voodoo is just as good as Eagle? I've got alot if Condor gear, it's OK, some better than others, but it in no way compares to Eagle, HSGI, Blackhawk and other top tier vendors. The webbing, fabric and buckles used by some of the lesser expensive brands are not as sturdy as Eagle. That's why special ops almost exclusivley uses it. Comparing my Blackhawk and Condor plate carriers, they look the same. But when you get hands on you know that the quality is not there. If this is something to train with, might be OK, but would not go to war with them. Just my input, 30+ years experience with tactical gear, cheap gear breaks.

Yeah, I've seen the Eagle and I can't tell the difference just holding it either, but I haven't worn the Eagle.

It holds plates and all the mag pouches I got so it will do what I need it to. I don't wear it everyday. I saw some cops are using the even cheaper one for duty gear too, lol. Wow.

I agree that usually you get what you pay for but sometimes what you pay for is an over expensive version of something else that does the same job for less. I wouldn't go to war with it - but I don't plan on volunteering to do that for a corrupt administration anyway :P

Sorry Im having trouble posting the picture, but here is the link.

Has anyone used or seen this?

http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_636_Russian_Army_Spetsnaz_Camo_Assault_Vest_DIGITAL_FLORA_Pattern.html

Supposedly this is a Spetsnaz load carring vest. I see 4 ak 74 mag pouches. I was wondering if these can hold 2 mags each or if they can only hold one a piece. So it can carry either 8 or 4 magazines. Also does this vest have a plate carrier? Just curious as I kind of like the way it looks.

Sorry Im having trouble posting the picture, but here is the link.

Has anyone used or seen this?

http://www.sovietarm...RA_Pattern.html

Supposedly this is a Spetsnaz load carring vest. I see 4 ak 74 mag pouches. I was wondering if these can hold 2 mags each or if they can only hold one a piece. So it can carry either 8 or 4 magazines. Also does this vest have a plate carrier? Just curious as I kind of like the way it looks.

Four mags in the front, four mags in the back pockets, no plate carrier. The Russians used this type in the 1990's. There are better versions now though.

TFALAMO, what do you think of the stitching? Have you had any issues with the stitching coming apart in those cheaper ones?

Why can't I spell corectrly.

Everything that is used on the lesser expensive is cheaper. That includes the thread. I worry about putting to much weight on them because the stich patterns are not as good. I have had webbing come lose, and I have had tears with extended use. Alot of times the stitch is not finished and will come lose as sonn as you put some weight on it. Zippers are also an issue. I replace all of my buckles with ITW Nexus, and try to reinforce the webbing whenever possible on items. The items that are made in Multicam will be a little better quality because the are using the heavier fabric. Just keep in mind this will hold all of your life taking/saving gear. If it fails, so do you. Inspect it well, use whatever you have to to make it sturdy, paracord, duct tape, zip ties, whatever. I can make a good rig out of anything, but is it worth the time and effort, or should I just buy the one I need. I have spent countless hours going back and forth, trying different setups, and thats what you have to do. What works for you will not work for everyone. Thats why I started this thread, the more ideas we throw out, the better.