Hello everyone

I should be receiving my first Saiga late next week. A 308 with the 21.85" Barrel.

post-40460-0-75993600-1330057967.jpg

A few of the things I was looking at was the new stock:

http://centerfiresys...sai-tacstk.aspx

Now the handrail is my question (for now...LOL). Will this work on mine? It says 7.62x39 and compatible variants.

http://centerfiresys...62quadrail.aspx

The other one that I was looking at was

http://centerfiresys...sai-rif-qr.aspx

but i do prefer the first. Any insights would be appreciated.

This is just all my opinion....

First off, order your parts from Business members of this site, like Carolina Shooters Supply.

Second off, that butt stock pistol grip option is a really expensive steaming pile of bullshit, that leaves the gun in the neutered sporterized abomination of a Kalashnikov.

Lastly, instead of spending money to get rid of the nice wood forearm, embrace it and put that money into doing a conversion. Move that trigger group forward, put a pistol grip in the proper location and stick a nice wood butt stock on the back end of it, to go along with the factory forearm.

• Like 2

+1

The wood you have is really nice.

Either leave that as is or convert it right.

If you are going to convert it...

All the parts you chose are kinda chintzy, especially the aluminum rail. People buy that kind of stuff then decide it is heavy and switch to something more classic. If you want rails, just add a rail or two where you actually want to mount something. Extra rails are heavy and not nice to hold, especially on the cheapies. Chaos makes nicer rails. I would choose the SGM of the two you selected though. For a scope, use a Posp mount with integral rings, such as the Izhmash or Belarus mount. They cost a little more than the cheapies but they put the scope in a better place and hold it there firmly.

There are just nicer parts for similar money.

Get nice parts or nothing. Contribute a couple bucks to the forum and put the nice wood in the WTS section to recoup your $$$

The bulgarian skeleton stock (cheap in the for sale section here) would look good on that to me or any Dragunov style. I love the Tabuk look as seen on Ironwood Designs. Any normal AK furniture would look good too. (especially with that lovely fore-end you have)

If you convert you will get:

Better balance

Better trigger

Better looks

No legality issues with big magazines

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1