Tapco gas piston worth it for a bulgy muzzle break?

Title kind of says it all. Is it worth it to install a tapco gas piston for a real muzzle break?

In terms of 922r this is where I stand

14 (stock)

-3 (G2 trigger)

-1 Buttstock

0 US pistol grip (both -1 and +1)

=10 so good to rock

Bulgy muzzle break would be +1 and would bring me to 11 which is no bueno. Choices are mess with magazines (which to me seems iffy, but I'd rather have a 100% legal rifle no matter what magazine I chose to use) or get a gas piston.

Only one I have been able to find is the tapco one. Is it any good? Or should I just look for a US made muzzle break/flash suppressor?

Thoughts?

Adding a US part shouldn't prevent you from using a foreign muzzle attachment. Just make sure the US part is quality. I'd double check ak-builder before buying a tapco part. gas piston is hard to screw the pooch on but might as well check :)

For your situations I don't think you need to go that route though.

When you say bulgarian muzzle brake I'm assuming you mean the AK-74 style compensator?

Also assuming this means you already have a FSB with 24mm threads.

One of the good aspects of 5.45 is you can use 5.56 muzzle attachments. If you didn't already have 24mm threads I'd say go that route since 5.56 muzzle attachments tend to be better at anything the ruskys tried at(flash suppression, compensation, braking) and pretty much all of them will be US made.

Assuming you do have 24mm threads then just grab one from cncwarrior. He has US made type 74's and even better US made A2 birdcage style flashhider/comps. No need to change out piston.

If my assumptions are incorrect please say so.