• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know why you'd want this "imitation Glock"???

Kidding of course. Note user name.

I became a fan of the Croatian Sensation very early. I have a Gen 1 HS2000 (XD9 before Springfield got the import rights). I got it from CDNN back in 2000 for $249. It's been through thousands of rounds (Wolf and WWB mostly) with little cleaning and no failures except defective ammunition.

And of course I was one of the first to snap up the XD45 (Tactical) when that became available. It swallows all ammo and shoots more accurately than a mass-produced pistol should. I can ring the 300yd gong at the range about 1 in 4 tries.

My self-built 1911 shoots as well but is much more picky about ammo.

Edited by XD45

Damn those Croatians...

That new XDs 45 single-stack wants to come home with me...

But I already have a Kahr P45 so the polymer single-stack 45 role is filled...

Edited by XD45

Imo, XDms look like prop guns from 90's sci-fi movies. I'm sure they're good pistols but I can't shake that impression. I know it's not "cool" anymore, (in spite of actual performance), but I prefer Glocks. ;)

Anyway, congrats on the new .45. It looks like a good size for carry. Is that a mag extention in the pics?

Imo, XDms look like prop guns from 90's sci-fi movies. I'm sure they're good pistols but I can't shake that impression. I know it's not "cool" anymore, (in spite of actual performance), but I prefer Glocks. wink.png

As big a fan as I am of the original XD series, I don't care for the look of the m. Or the feel of it. The checkering is very aggressive.

I tried to like Glocks but the grip angle makes no sense. It's almost like poor old Gaston had a deformed wrist. The XD grip angle is the same as the 1911 (perfect) so switching back and forth is easy.

Imo, XDms look like prop guns from 90's sci-fi movies. I'm sure they're good pistols but I can't shake that impression. I know it's not "cool" anymore, (in spite of actual performance), but I prefer Glocks. wink.png

As big a fan as I am of the original XD series, I don't care for the look of the m. Or the feel of it. The checkering is very aggressive.

I tried to like Glocks but the grip angle makes no sense. It's almost like poor old Gaston had a deformed wrist. The XD grip angle is the same as the 1911 (perfect) so switching back and forth is easy.

The Glock grip angle is closer to a Luger than a 1911. It can take some getting used to, less so if you're not already used to other pistols. Personally, it suits me. Full-size Glock grips fit my hands very well and the angle allows me to point-shoot them very accurately.

People seem to either love it or hate it. I love it.

That said, I find 1911 type grips very comfortable as well.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1