battery recommendation for PK-A calling Tex Zen

It seems the battery recommendation from kalinka's sight looks like it's too small

D-357 is way smaller than the battery cavity?

If I need to make a spacer / gap filler I will just need to know will this battery work

Thanks

Edited by RamLake

I have nothing to add to this conversation other than to say TxZen is DEAD to me as he beat me out of a 500M AK-105 leaf sight on the AK Forum.

I'm giving him the silent treatment.

That thing was $100 though. No rear sight leaf is worth that much. I'm sure one will come up for cheaper. Even if it is a 500m. Is it really that much better than any other site, like will it make you more accurate? I understand the authenticity part of it but really that's alot of money for a sight. I just bought a Russian rpk sight with windage adjustments on it for $50. That's funny though how much we spend on rare item.

For the PK-AS, you would use two of them stacked, but I don't really know about the PK-A.

Silver oxide:

• SR44/SR44W/SR44SW
  • 6135-99-651-3240 (NSN)
  • SR1154
  • 1107SO
  • 1131SOP
  • SG13
  • S76
  • EPX76 (Energizer)
  • 303/357

Other types of batteries are or were made in the R44 size. Formerly' date=' mercury batteries were made as button cells. Zinc-air batteries type PR44 require air to work. Silver-oxide batteries type SR44 may provide extra capacity compared to LR44 types but have slightly different voltage characteristics. Performance of a device meant to use a silver-oxide battery may be degraded with substitution of LR44 types.[/quote']

Edited by nexus

I have nothing to add to this conversation other than to say TxZen is DEAD to me as he beat me out of a 500M AK-105 leaf sight on the AK Forum.

I doubt that seriously! I know him personally and he would never do that, there must be a miscommunication problem,

Saigatech:

3032 3v lithium

perhaps? I read that somewhere recently ;)

That thing was $100 though. No rear sight leaf is worth that much. I'm sure one will come up for cheaper. Even if it is a 500m. Is it really that much better than any other site, like will it make you more accurate? I understand the authenticity part of it but really that's alot of money for a sight. I just bought a Russian rpk sight with windage adjustments on it for $50. That's funny though how much we spend on rare item.

I think leland and I have the same idea at this point, we've both been waiting for so dang long that the price didn't matter on this one. I don't see the AK105 sights come up very often at all (been many months for me too) and when they do I can't think of once when they were less than $100

Sorry leland! :beer:

Z

I think leland and I have the same idea at this point, we've both been waiting for so dang long that the price didn't matter on this one. I don't see the AK105 sights come up very often at all (been many months for me too) and when they do I can't think of once when they were less than $100

Sorry leland! :beer:

Z

Function wise, won't a 300/800/1000m work just the same? I guess I'm missing it? Is it just for authenticity reasons?

Edited by AZG

It's worth it if it's the last part you need to finish an AK-105 clone.

It's worth it if it's the last part you need to finish an AK-105 clone.

Oh great I have or I thought I had all the parts for three 105's wet_eyes.gif

Also I found the answer if anyone buys a PK-A from kalinka a cr 2032 fits and functions perfectly so far