Any tips on how to keep the safety from scratching the receiver ?

I like my saftey scratch, it was on there when I picked up the gun. My guns scratches just add character to them. How is an ar a plastic piece of crap? Aren't the working parts aluminum?

Oh that's not fair throwing facts into the discussion!

Actually very little on my AR is metal. (I'm trying to get it down to 3 #s 12 oz)

FCG (will change to a plum crazy composite one soon)

carrier group

barrel

gas block

gas tube

springs

We're looking to add a carbon 15 to our collection soon, (already have the 20" heavy barrel tack driver) I assume you are happy with yours? I've been told they weigh in at 5 pounds from the factory, how did you get yours down to three?

I'm still about 4#s but think I can get in the high/mid 3's I'm trying to keep the cost under $700 or I'd use a composite barrel/liner as well.

Cav arms carbon fiber lower (stock, grip, receiver is one piece) lighter and stronger than a bushmaster carbon 15.

Bushmaster carbon upper, no FBA, no dustcover

pencil barrel

Carbon fiber free float handguard.

Next I need to lighten my carrier and buffer and switch the FCG to composite.

I used to build a lot of AR's years ago and made money, but didn't enjoy them much. Then I fired a Carbon Cannon AR that weighed 4 pounds and swore of I ever built another it would be an ultralight weight cheapy.