WYOMING Preparing for U.S. to Collapse...

so in the event of a total government collapse they plan to become their own country. so every state would become a mini government? I guess i'm okay with that.

that is sort of like how this country started out, there was a time when each state had its own currency (look it up, its interesting) and had to defend itself.

this wouldn't be a ideal situation, but in the event of such a collapse, its not the worst.

• Like 1

so in the event of a total government collapse they plan to become their own country. so every state would become a mini government? I guess i'm okay with that.

that is sort of like how this country started out, there was a time when each state had its own currency (look it up, its interesting) and had to defend itself.

this wouldn't be a ideal situation, but in the event of such a collapse, its not the worst.

Every state is already a mini government. They will have to be ready to take care of themselves because there is no way the FED can help all 50 states at one time. They can't even manage on state emergency at a time. FEMA has one of the worst failures rates of any government agancy next to the ATF.

• Like 2

Strike aircraft would be a bit of a boondoggle, but an aircraft carrier, even a landlocked one could serve as a pretty solid base of operations. Of course, a state could just buy a nuclear reactor, flight deck, communications, and radar system a la carte and not need to worry how to ship a ship hundreds of miles inland. Of course, if the Yellowstone Caldera erupts before political and economic chaos does, they're gonna need a bigger boat.

• Like 3

Originally the US was supposed to be a lot more like the EU is today than how the US is today. State soveriegnity has been lost to a great extent. States used to ALL have their own currency.

Of course, if the Yellowstone Caldera erupts before political and economic chaos does, they're gonna need a bigger boat.

Only a true gentleman could relate such a weighty literary reference to a SHTF thread with such eloquence. You, sir, are a warrior-poet in the classic sense.

• Like 1

Of course, if the Yellowstone Caldera erupts before political and economic chaos does, they're gonna need a bigger boat.

Only a true gentleman could relate such a weighty literary reference to a SHTF thread with such eloquence. You, sir, are a warrior-poet in the classic sense.

My literary tastes are less about Chaucer and more about Jaws, sir.

They have been running radio commercials here in Oklahoma, telling residents to put together Bug Out Bags. The state has started a website that offers a bunch of info on what you need to put together. Of course, they never mention buying a gun......but I guess they probably don't have to, since everyone in Oklahoma has a few guns already.

Tony

• Like 5

ahh, the propaganda works all too well. soviet russia was very weakened by the war. 95% of their tech. was forcibly extracted from captured scientists, or stolen / copied from others. during the so called cold war, most advances came through espionage and traitors in western countries. it was a failed system from the start. they looted the nation, then looted the people. in the process murdering tens of millions. every time the soviet economy was ready to collapse, the u.s. govt and u.s. interests propped it up. it is all about getting the common man to focus on an external enemy. the communists are coming! we need more taxes. the mooosilims are coming! we need more taxes. and you must submit to the taking away of your rights for the security of the "homeland".

from my perspective, i see the u.s. as very divided. we are being invaded by other cultures that refuse to assimilate, or become fluent in english. on every level, race, politics, economics, religion, region. we are more divided than ever. hell, 80% of my neighbors refuse to do business with me, or even have normal discourse because my family and i are not from this area.

• Like 1

Wait a minute here:

· We have what a lot of the population that believes "O" is either the anti-Christ or an illegal alien as our leader.

· A government that can’t perform even the simplest functions of a government that are taught in elementary school (that most of the kids won’t go on to graduate high school from).

· Hoards of (over 12 mill) other illegal aliens roaming the streets freely.

· We have to borrow money from a communist country to stay afloat finically.

And this is not a Collapse yet?

Damn, can’t wait to see what it takes to call it a “Collapse”.

Edited by 20-Mags
  • Like 4

Wait a minute here:

· We have what a lot of the population that believes "O" is either the anti-Christ or an illegal alien as our leader.

· A government that can’t perform even the simplest functions of a government that are taught in elementary school (that most of the kids won’t go on to graduate high school from).

re electing the big zero should do it...

• Like 2

Fess up. Most of us here have a literary taste somewhere between Maxim and Hustler!

Personally, I'm into the Coen brothers' canon.

Wait a minute here:

A wobbly, corrupt, and imperfect structure is still a structure.

• Like 1

This does make me step back and pause. If the US disintegrates I’d like there to be some local control. But as the post from 20-Mags shows, some could make the argument that we’re already there. Do we really want states saying “we’re out” when they feel like it? Last time that happened we lost more people than all other wars combined.

This does make me step back and pause. If the US disintegrates I’d like there to be some local control. But as the post from 20-Mags shows, some could make the argument that we’re already there. Do we really want states saying “we’re out” when they feel like it? Last time that happened we lost more people than all other wars combined.

well thats a good question, but what im more concerned about is should we go down with the ship, or try to stay afloat on our own for as long as we can?

id think id try to float it out and wait for the next ship to pass by. ill name that ship liberty.

Edited by Captain Hero
"The Task force is even looking into how they could acquire a strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier." Where the hell are they going to put an aircraft carrier in Wyoming?

My guess is that it would be intended as a lifeline to any seaport along the U.S. coast or abroad that would allow the ferrying of goods by air to Wyoming without depending on the highway infrastructure or airports of other states. That is, assuming there are aircraft capable of both carrier takeoff/landing operations and hauling significant amounts of cargo for that distance. The whole idea seems a bit "pie in the sky" though.

Edited by DogMan

Wait a minute here:

So mass delusion among a percentage of the population is evidence of societal collapse? Perhaps...

Perhaps if both Republicans and Democrats got off of their ideological high-horses and tried to compromise instead of kowtowing to the most extreme elements of their constituency, the government may function. And FWIW, the graduation rate among high-schoolers is around 68% - not fabulous, but no where near 'most'.

Perhaps not roaming the streets, but picking our crops, cleaning our houses, mowing our lawns...jobs that most Americans are to lazy or too proud to do. They wouldn't come here if there weren't jobs available.

I'm with you on this one...however, this is directly related to point #2.

Not yet. Be patient.

I'm guessing mohawked dudes in assless chaps riding bikes through the wasteland in search of 'gazzoline'

Edited by Donkeyshins
  • Like 1

Immigrants don't only do the jobs we are too lazy to do. A buddy of mine used to own a painting company. Not anymore, the illegals do it cheaper because the live 10+ to a 2 bedroom apartment. Same with other construction jobs. A lot of the factories around here have more non English speaking illegals than they do Americans. They get busted by INS, then call to warn the others that they might get it too. Sometimes, people want jobs and can't get them because of the illegals.

Back on topic...

I think Wyoming has the right idea. Hope Indiana follows. I just hope it wouldn't go down like the last time states seceded from the union.

• Like 1