Used S-12s ?!?! ......huh?

I had been toying with the idea of selling one of mine, not fishing here, just talking aloud i guess more than anything... anywho, I started researching S-12s, converted and dressed..... trying to get an idea of what the going rate was if you found a willing sucker on gunbroker or something with a tax check burning a hole in his pocket.

someone musta hit me in the back of the head with a cast iron skillet... my eyes went all funky..... please tell me what i'm seeing is a sad joke?

if these things are pulling what they are listed at, hell I could quit my day job.... even a bad hack job with some tapco plastic on it was taggin 1500.00

I got to thinking about you guys, and some of the 12s I've seen posted here... jesus, some of you guys could buy new trucks for what your 12s would bring...

i'm pretty dumbfounded.... and left wondering which batch of fools are the more foolish... the guys selling the bad hack jobs they have maby 700 in for 1500..... or the poor folks buying em without knowing how much fun it is to DIY

seriously, am I the only one thats noticed this?

I had been toying with the idea of selling one of mine, not fishing here, just talking aloud i guess more than anything... anywho, I started researching S-12s, converted and dressed..... trying to get an idea of what the going rate was if you found a willing sucker on gunbroker or something with a tax check burning a hole in his pocket.

someone musta hit me in the back of the head with a cast iron skillet... my eyes went all funky..... please tell me what i'm seeing is a sad joke?

if these things are pulling what they are listed at, hell I could quit my day job.... even a bad hack job with some tapco plastic on it was taggin 1500.00

I got to thinking about you guys, and some of the 12s I've seen posted here... jesus, some of you guys could buy new trucks for what your 12s would bring...

i'm pretty dumbfounded.... and left wondering which batch of fools are the more foolish... the guys selling the bad hack jobs they have maby 700 in for 1500..... or the poor folks buying em without knowing how much fun it is to DIY

seriously, am I the only one thats noticed this?

I see a lot of people asking a crazy price and nobody even bidding so don't let Gunjoker be your barometer. I sold a real nice conversion that Tac47 did, welded up holes HK sights the whole nine yards for about $1400 a few months ago.

Edited by NinerRider

Regarding your question of which one is foolish, I would say the buyer. I see nothing wrong with trying to get the most money out of what you are selling. The market sets the price.If someone will pay it that is its value, to them. My $0.02

• Like 1

I've been kinda tracking them on Armslist ..... sad thing is they really seem to be moveing in the 1200 to 1500 range for what i'd consider a fair conversion... home done, all parts thru CSS, very basic mods, no extra parts at all other than whats needed for the conversion... like no Krebs saftys, no bolt on or weld on chargeing handles, no bolt polish job... just... hack and tack mods.... hack the S-12, tack new shit on and call it good.

Not sure the market would bear more than that, hard to justify getting into the 2g guns without alot of do it yourself... anyone with that kind of spare coin also has enough sense to do the basic job themselves it seems thus makeing the 1250 to 1500 jobs seem to be the sweet spot....

still just.... amazes me... part of me wants to laugh... the other part wants to set up shop churning out crap for mall ninjas and make a buck... /ponder

• Like 2

I have too much in it to sell it. I would have an issue just sourcing most of the parts again.

Back in the panic days I did have an individual offer me $4500 at the range and I passed.

Sure that would have been a hell of a profit but I would regret it later.

Best thing to do is look at the completed listings to see what actually sold.

Gun broker has done away with showing completed listings...so no telling

Bullshit. Look closer. You'll see there is a separate tab for completed listings under advanced search.

Thanks for that...couldn't find it

$4500??? I would have been on that like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow-storm! Could have built me two more S-12s, and then bought an AK and an AR as well! I hear ya though, I turned down a substantial offer on the old 'vette so I guess I can understand.

At that time there were not too many people doing 12C side folder conversions and the parts were a little harder to come by.

I did tell the guy, for that kind of money one could find an original imported 12C and have change for a few 8 round mags.

I guess I am just a little too honest.

sKott

Best thing to do is look at the completed listings to see what actually sold.

Gun broker has done away with showing completed listings...so no telling

You can still view completed listings on gunbroker. You have to go to advanced search and then select the completed items tab.