Bolt mod for magwell S12s?

Does anyone have their bolt modded, lets say by Pauly or another company when using a magwell?

Or is it necessary to mod the bolt if you will be using a magwell? as the bolt mod was for easier insertion on a closed bolt with rock&lock mags, and the magwell & LRBHO bypasses that problem, does it not?

Does it help with insertion of the mag still?

And is the conversion any different using the LRBHO?

Thanks

AZG

I have his mod to my rock&lock s12, my question, does it assist/hinder function with an s12 with a magwell? Say like the IZL447 or exp-01 ver 30. Would the bolt mod do something or nothing for these guns?

I think it would help loading a full magazine against the bolt. I run the TAC47 magwell on both my SBS and Race Gun, both have a little mod work to the bolt nothing like some of these I have seen on this site. I can load a 12 round mag against the bolt fairly easily so I won't do anymore mod-ing for fear of reliability issues especially on the race gun.

• Like 2

I have his mod to my rock&lock s12, my question, does it assist/hinder function with an s12 with a magwell? Say like the IZL447 or exp-01 ver 30. Would the bolt mod do something or nothing for these guns?

I think it would help loading a full magazine against the bolt. I run the TAC47 magwell on both my SBS and Race Gun, both have a little mod work to the bolt nothing like some of these I have seen on this site. I can load a 12 round mag against the bolt fairly easily so I won't do anymore mod-ing for fear of reliability issues especially on the race gun.

Then again, after what you've said, it should be just like rock&lock. I would imagine the round would be in the same position.

Then again, after what you've said, it should be just like rock&lock. I would imagine the round would be in the same position.

Yeah with rock and lock you have a solid pivot point to compress the shells against as they push against the bolt and engage the mag catch. The magwells don't have the pivot point and rely solely on compressing the shells as you insert the mag straight into the magwell. Like I said I can do it easily but you do need to give it a firm crisp push to compress the shells and get it to lock in.

• Like 1

I have the SGM JT magwell and an unmodified bolt. I really don't need the bolt contoured, but I am sure it would be nicer. I can say that loading is effortless, and I doubt there would be much noticeable difference. Possibly the bolt scuffing the top shell on the backstroke would be reduced. There is a minor amount of rock, and magazines will drop free every time if the barrel is pointed down slightly. If not, it is the vast majority of the time. I have got the habit of giving a little forward jerk with the gun still on target as I hit the release. They always drop free that way.

If you do get bolt contouring, that would be a great time to get a galil, dogleg, or left side handle.

• Like 1