That box truck driver did a pretty good job after being hit. The SUV looked like the only one there with serious tracton issues. Hard to say exactly what caused it, it might have been his tires, he may have been trying to pass the box truck, or if he was just unlucky while cruising in a very poorly positioneed spot. Any way you look at it the SUV driver put himself in a bad situation, it looks very possible that he didnt survive it either.

Just very poor driving skills there. The road obviously was not extremely slick. I would bet it was an inexperienced driver looking in the rearview mirror at the cop coming up from behind then over-correcting when they realized they were drifting to the left.

• Like 1

He ran into the rut that the snow plows leave. It slowed down the left side of the suburban

and the driver over-corrected to the right, driving into the box truck.

I have run into them at a slower speed and with minimum traction you WILL spin out.

Malodave

Yep. I would never change lanes in those kinds of conditions at speed. Too many times I caught those trails of snow left behind and you can feel the loss of traction in the wheels immediately. If I jumped on the highway in the winter, I stayed in the right lane so I was ready for my exit.

Just very poor driving skills there. The road obviously was not extremely slick. I would bet it was an inexperienced driver looking in the rearview mirror at the cop coming up from behind then over-correcting when they realized they were drifting to the left.

I'm not sure that was a cop who was taping. If he was, he was an idiot, or else he would have been on the radio immediately calling for help.

That'd make a good advertisement for investing in snow tires and not inconveniencing/endangering everyone else on the road with your unreasonably slow or reckless no-traction ass. And for driving with common sense despite your 4wd SUV.

Fucked it up for ya.

Fixed it back.

Edited by Dudethebagman

That'd make a good advertisement for investing in snow tires and not inconveniencing/endangering everyone else on the road with your unreasonably slow or reckless no-traction ass. And for driving with common sense despite your 4wd SUV.

Fucked it up for ya.

Fixed it back.

Whatever dude. I lived most of my life in those driving conditions and snow tires let alone four wheel drive are not got going to do much good if there is ice on the road. What are snow tires going to do when there is no fucking snow on the road?

Whatever dude. I lived most of my life in those driving conditions and snow tires let alone four wheel drive are not got going to do much good if there is ice on the road. What are snow tires going to do when there is no fucking snow on the road?

http://en.wikipedia....ng_%28rubber%29

Siping is great stuff, and snow tires are loaded with it! Not enough? get them studded!

I drive the same speed year round. Note the siping on the cooper tires Im running on my truck...

cooper-discoverer-lt.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....ng_%28rubber%29

Siping is great stuff, and snow tires are loaded with it! Not enough? get them studded!

I drive the same speed year round. Note the siping on the cooper tires Im running on my truck...

cooper-discoverer-lt.jpg

+1 on siping.

I run siped tires, drive reasonably, and have no problems.

• Like 1

Fucked it up for ya.

Fixed it back.

Don't pretend you're some kind of snow-driving ninja, Florida man. Snow tires are much better on ice than no snow tires. Mine are awesome. I don't always drive the same speed regardless of conditions, but I can drive faster with snow tires than without them and be just as safe. Obviously, you have to be judicious depending on road conditions. I don't deny that.

And there was snow on the road. Its that lighter colored stuff in the middle, in case you've forgotten. Not a lot of it, but I bet the guy wouldn't have started fish tailing and gone sideways like that during the summer. Did you happen to notice the video's description?

• Like 1

Fucked it up for ya.

Fixed it back.

Don't pretend you're some kind of snow-driving ninja, Florida man. Snow tires are much better on ice than no snow tires. Mine are awesome. I don't always drive the same speed regardless of conditions, but I can drive faster with snow tires than without them and be just as safe. Obviously, you have to be judicious depending on road conditions. I don't deny that.

And there was snow on the road. Its that lighter colored stuff in the middle, in case you've forgotten. Not a lot of it, but I bet the guy wouldn't have started fish tailing and gone sideways like that during the summer. Did you happen to notice the video's description?

Dude, I was born and raised way up north, spent most of my Military career in snowy places, only transplanted here for a few years just so you know. Bottom line is, even with siping, you still have to slow down when the roads get icy. That little dusting of snow on the road in the video shouldn't slow anyone down but if there was ice underneath it, you get incidents like this. I did notice the video description.

"A SUV on the highway slips on the icy road and slides into the another lane where a truck hits it and it get shattered into pieces!"

Snow tires or even studs are no use on black ice. Everyone from the snow belt that moves to the DC area WILL wreck at least one car because they are used to driving on snow - we seldom get good snow, we get white shit- slushy, slimy slippery white shit. THEN - it freezes into black ice with wet slimy slippery white shit on top.

Snow tires or even studs are no use on black ice. Everyone from the snow belt that moves to the DC area WILL wreck at least one car because they are used to driving on snow - we seldom get good snow, we get white shit- slushy, slimy slippery white shit. THEN - it freezes into black ice with wet slimy slippery white shit on top.

My experience has been that the worst condition to drive on is if we get a early snowfall on the fall leaves. Icey slush on a light layer of leaves is slicker than shit.

Regardless of what was on the road, everybody else was doing just fine and even doing extreme braking and turning maneuvers just fine on that surface after the accident. Sure, the surface was a contributing factor, but everything went to hell only after he drifted left (possibly due to the wind effects from the bobtail truck, or trying to get that lost drop of Shmirnoff's out of the bottle) and then hard back to the right. He should have just backed off the gas a bit and "eased" back into his lane. This is just bad driving in what are probably very typical road conditions.

He ran into the rut that the snow plows leave. It slowed down the left side of the suburban

and the driver over-corrected to the right, driving into the box truck.

I have run into them at a slower speed and with minimum traction you WILL spin out.

Malodave

It looked like he might have already been losing traction before he hit it, though running into it was clearly what sealed the deal. Maybe the draft from that box truck gave him a little push?

I drive for a liveing, 18 wheel trucks and bobtails.... Thankfully not OTR anymore though, got me a job that has me home every night eating dinner with the family.

a few museings I'll pass along...

1. Driveing is a privlidge not a right, and more people die in auto accidents every year than they do from cancer, firearms, and old age combined... Its just about time for the damn liberals to get off the guns and start trying to make it harder to get a drivers license. They should be harder to keep if your a constant fuck up... and once ya loose it, near impossible to get back.

2. Why the FUCK do i need a CDL to drive an 18 wheel truck, but any old ass retired golfer can drive the same size vehicle ( big ass coachman moterhomes ) with nothing more than they need to drive their Caddie which they ALREADY can't handle at speeds above 40 on most public roadways.

3. Why as a person gets older, and their reactions start to slow way down are their licenses still renewed 7 years at a stretch... dude, at about 65, you should go to 3 year licenses, droping to 1 year at 70, with manditory road tests needed to qualify... " Ok now Mr. Brown, I'm gonna need to see you hit that on ramp and merge with that 70 mile an hour freeway traffic to sign off on this license "

I'm bitter, resentful, angry, and you dont even wanna get me started on the damn teenagers.... but you spend a lifetime haveing to deal with that mess 12 hours a day and tell me you'd be any different... UGH.....

prolly best i shut the hell up LOL... my damn blood pressure going up just sitting here typeing

• Like 2

Everybody bitches about "hi cap magazines" but nobody wonders why virtually every passenger car sold today can double the speed limit.

+1 haha!

It is the owners choice to control his or her own car's gas pedal. I have not once gotten into a wreck or ever gotten a ticket of any kind because i am responsible and im not an idiot behind the wheel. There was one time that i was in an "accident" A Trans Am slammed on his brakes in front of me, me being a careful and responsible driver, I had enough room to stop without screeching my tires but it was still a sudden stop. Two cars behind me did not have that much luck. After i stopped i sighed in relief only to have that sigh sucked back into my throat from getting slammed by a driver behind me and another behind that guy. I am just saying that the drivers have control of what they are doing.

Edited by Corruptz0rz