Is your airspace your private property?

In context it was a case about building star shaped ponds to trap ducks on a commercial scale. Some neighbors got into a fight when a crank built his pond very near the other's long established pond and started cutting into his business. So the other guy snuck onto the crank's property an shot off guns and stuff to make a racket and scare off the ducks landing there.

It established a legal principle that you could compete with people but you can't interfere with their business itself.

I personally think taking a cage raised bird, strapping it into a little box and then releasing it so you can shoot it a second later ...

that describes over half the dove/quail operations down here. my cousins oversee a plantation. big hunts with cage raised birds are common. there is nothing more hilarious than watching a bunch of idiots dressed in their best "little lord fauntleroy " duds, carrying 5 figure shotguns, shooting at birds you have to kick to get airborne.

• Like 1

While I’m sure a few .177 BB sized hits from a BB-gun at 600 fps and about a hundred of the same sized hits from a shotgun at 1400 fps may not confuse a forensic expert. Both would have a good chance of keeping someone’s silly little eye in the sky from getting a lot of air time over my house. I live out in the sticks and don’t own a BB-gun but have some excellent chokes and shells to play with.

My response to any questions about what happened: “I’d swear that there are some kids that are always out in the woods with BB-guns and I didn’t see you’re toy on the ground before I ran over it. Was it expensive? What a shame maybe you should have just played with it at your house. I’ll send you a bill if it hurt my tire.”

Or as far as I knew he was packing heat:

Edited by 20-Mags
  • Like 1

I am so sick and tired of protesters.

i used to live on a island that had tons of them. one time back when the westnile virus scare was going on, there was a meeting about possibly killing some of the misquotes in the area as a preventative measure. the local hippies went apeshit, we offered non-toxic alternative methods of killing them, brought in a epidemiologist and a local wildlife expert to talk about the impact (there was virtually none)

all the dirty hippies would do is yell and not listen, we tried to compromise. protesters seem to be like the real world version of the internet troll, the exist only to piss people off.

*note

when i say "dirty hippies" i mean dirty hippies, many of the ones there where vegans who don't eat meat or use animal products or for some reason shower regularly. I went to college with a few of these people (not all of them are bad).

Edited by Salt

Sometime back in the '60's there was a local RC plane club who used a field about 1/4 mile from our house. Dad gave back the first plane that crashed in our yard. Sometime later a larger one with a 3' wingspan crashed into the roof and caused considerable damage. We kept that one for a while. They wanted the plane back and did not want to pay any damages.The old man finally put it on the burn barrel and told the owner that it would go up in flames if they did not pay for the roof. Funny how quick they paid after that!

• Like 4

Granted, I see no "Ethical Hunt" with a pigeon shoot, just like I don't like folks doing a "Canned Hunt" for deer or elk on a farm.

However, it IS legal, and therefore they have every right to enjoy themselves. I am sure I do many things that others don't like. True Freedom Demands Tolerance.

As for the aerospace issue, if they are nflying low enough for me to hit it with a shottie, well, that is Way too low, and I would not hesitate to shoot it down and then call the sheriff and charge them with tresspass.

• Like 3

I am so sick and tired of protesters.

i used to live on a island that had tons of them. one time back when the westnile virus scare was going on, there was a meeting about possibly killing some of the misquotes in the area as a preventative measure. the local hippies went apeshit, we offered non-toxic alternative methods of killing them, brought in a epidemiologist and a local wildlife expert to talk about the impact (there was virtually none)

all the dirty hippies would do is yell and not listen, we tried to compromise. protesters seem to be like the real world version of the internet troll, the exist only to piss people off.

*note

when i say "dirty hippies" i mean dirty hippies, many of the ones there where vegans who don't eat meat or use animal products or for some reason shower regularly. I went to college with a few of these people (not all of them are bad).

Maybe they were worried that the mosquito control would interfere with their organic free range Whidbey farming.

If I had a 500 foot tall tree growing out of my property, does the top of that tree still belong to me? I think so. That tells me I have some rights to that airspace up there. There is obviously going to be a lot of ambiguity on who else has a right to be up there too, and at what altitude. My view is that even if I don't own it I do control it, and I will. At least out to the range that my entire gun collection will reach. And by the way, I think that anybody who raises any living thing just for the fun of killing it is a piece of shit.

• Like 2

I love how american you people are. Let's take the freedom of some kid and his new $200 -$300 birthday toy and shoot it down because he flew by are over or by your property. So you can have the right of privacy in the wide open outside of your home. Yea let's endanger your community with raining bullet's to take out this toy. The only privicy you have is inside your home.

I love how american you people are. Let's take the freedom of some kid and his new $200 -$300 birthday toy and shoot it down because he flew by are over or by your property. So you can have the right of privacy in the wide open outside of your home. Yea let's endanger your community with raining bullet's to take out this toy. The only privicy you have is inside your home.

What?

This wasn't some kid and a toy. It was some shit head activist being a shit head activist.

What?

This wasn't some kid and a toy. It was some shit head activist being a shit head activist.

Iam talking about the post that say they will shoot any down. And it does not matter who it is, you outside of your home you have no right of privacy outside. They could have rented a small plane or a helicopter to fly over and observe. So since it's a rc it's ok to engage unsafely?

What?

Iam talking about the post that say they will shoot any down. And it does not matter who it is, you outside of your home you have no right of privacy outside. They could have rented a small plane or a helicopter to fly over and observe. So since it's a rc it's ok to engage unsafely?

wow. what ever hippie.somebody wanted to film somebody doing something lawful and make a fuss bout it. what a bitch if you ask me. and that bitch has no good reason to piss an moan when something happens to his property when he does something like this when in fact it was legal to begin with.. i would have shot that fucking junk down to

how did he think it was going to end? everyone sing kumboya around a fuckin camp fire? whatever..

What?

wow. what ever hippie.somebody wanted to film somebody doing something lawful and make a fuss bout it. what a bitch if you ask me. and that bitch has no good reason to piss an moan when something happens to his property when he does something like this when in fact it was legal to begin with.. i would have shot that fucking junk down to

how did he think it was going to end? everyone sing kumboya around a fuckin camp fire? whatever..

Private property is exactly what it is PRIVATE. So any intrusion of privacy has a right to be delt with. Unless you have a Warrant and are the authorities a person has every right to defend his privacy. That's why they call it an invasion of privacy. So for the douche rc guy get a fuckin' life or kill yourself because I'm not sure you have much to live for. And kill pigeon kill Every major city needs a hit squad to quell the over population of these shitting excuses of animal.

• Like 1

If birthday boy wants to fly his toy over my property he can come and ask me. If he has a good reason to do so I'll probably let him. If someone doesn't have the courtesy to do that then I have to assume he doesn't have a good reason and is either trying to harass people or something worse. All of these things have the capabilty of having onboard cameras so he could be looking for something to steal or see if anyone is home. Sorry Charlie, ain't gonna happen.

• Like 4