Jeezum,, You should see Montana's B.S.! We have to fill out like.....2 whole pages of questions and Then, if you have a clean background check....they have to give it to you!! Man.....they can even make us wait like a whole Month or two!

On top of that it is an open carry state, so I don't get to fill out ANY cool paperwork or jump through any awesome Hoops to do that.

Man, you guys over in the East are so lucky to live in such a sophisticated, modern, advanced culture. It seems to have stopped all of the crime you have.

• Like 6

Jeezum,, You should see Montana's B.S.! We have to fill out like.....2 whole pages of questions and Then, if you have a clean background check....they have to give it to you!! Man.....they can even make us wait like a whole Month or two!

On top of that it is an open carry state, so I don't get to fill out ANY cool paperwork or jump through any awesome Hoops to do that.

Man, you guys over in the East are so lucky to live in such a sophisticated, modern, advanced culture. It seems to have stopped all of the crime you have.

Seriously, you have to wait a month or two? That actually is pretty bad. I've always walked out with mine the same day.

• Like 1

Washington state

licence-

takes about a month to get a concealed pistol licence. you fill out two pages, get finger printed and and pay 50$ ( i think it was 50)

buying a gun-

5 days without a concealed pistol licence (pistols only), 15 mins with one (or for rifles/shotguns). No paperwork fee, no finger printing.

I can't believe the crap new yorkers have to go through (cali too). I feel for you guys. sad.png

Edited by Salt

No you do not typically wait at all. If the Law says yer clean it is a "Shall issue" state, so Wham-Bam, you got it. However the Seriff is allowed to use his discretion, so in theory they can make you wait, up to 6 months I believe.

It doesn"t really ever happen, but it gives the man a loophole of sorts if you seem a bit kooky or something.

Here in Maryland you pay a bunch of $$$$. Then IF you are politically connected the MD State Police will agree you have a "Good and substantial reason" and grant your CCW. Those of us who are merely peasants WILL be denied - no refund. No recourse. No CCW. No explanation. No appeal.

I grew up In upper NY which is as red neck if not more so then any where else I've been in the country (we surf on old hay lift belts being pulled by a tractor through mud pits or bowling in the cow barn). Unfortuntly the backwoods of NY have to deal with the idiocy of the city slickers. I cut my Ties with NY when I was on active duty and the DMV ticked me off (that and having to find some one to do my state taxes the was certified to do NY state returns was a pain). NYC is KILLING NY. I would move home if I could but half my guns are illegal back home, taxes suck and jobs are hard to get. Just look at the 2010 cenus, peple are fleeing states that have been historicaly democraticly controlled and moving to states in the south and mid west.

I've always thought the most damning thing about NYC's gun laws is the fact that number one demographic turned down for a license are retired police officers. There is something very wrong when even the people paid, trained, and trusted with firearms for 30+ years don't qualify for one in their civilian life.

• Like 2

I've always thought the most damning thing about NYC's gun laws is the fact that number one demographic turned down for a license are retired police officers. There is something very wrong when even the people paid, trained, and trusted with firearms for 30+ years don't qualify for one in their civilian life.

retired military fall in the same boat.

Good old Texas... still about as free as it gets once the courts overturn that damn straw purchass law requireing the extra paperwork if you buy more than 1 every 9 days... I'll be glad when the salt of the earth types finally take the earth back from people who want to make it illegal to include a toy in a kids meal because it makes em fat.... never knew there were that many calories in plastic.....

Alabama is a May Issue state, which is for all intents and purposes Shall Issue, and each County's Sheriff has control of permits.

The Sheriffs Dept can attach whatever reasonable restrictions they see fit, within State Law. State has preemption of all firearms laws.

Average cost is $20-$25, fill out the 1-2 page form, take your picture, 5-10 minutes for a background check and if your background is clean they print a Permit with your Pic/Info on it and out the door you go.

Takes about 20-30 minutes on a normal day.

Alabama is also Open Carry, but the practice can be problematic in Counties/Cities where the authorities are ignorant/uninformed or just plain hostile to OC.

State laws are convoluted and confusing on OC, some use this to cause OC'ers problems, particularly with the great catch-all of Disorderly Conduct.

I both CC & OC, no problems yet.

seems that nyc and california like to make it hard on anyone who seeks happiness and freedom. i refuse to live anywhere with shitty gun laws.

so true man, california firearms laws are restrictive and downright stupid. cant own high capacity mags, but you can buy all the high capacity mag rebuild kits you want. need a bullet button on an AK, but when you buy the rifle, they also give you the wrenches to remove the bullet button... need NFA certification for SBRs, but you can easily buy an AR lower and a 14" M4 upper.

they say these laws are to prevent crime, but they just dont understand, the only people who are affected by the laws are the law abiding citizens

• Like 2

seems that nyc and california like to make it hard on anyone who seeks happiness and freedom. i refuse to live anywhere with shitty gun laws.

so true man, california firearms laws are restrictive and downright stupid. cant own high capacity mags, but you can buy all the high capacity mag rebuild kits you want. need a bullet button on an AK, but when you buy the rifle, they also give you the wrenches to remove the bullet button... need NFA certification for SBRs, but you can easily buy an AR lower and a 14" M4 upper.

they say these laws are to prevent crime, but they just dont understand, the only people who are affected by the laws are the law abiding citizens

thats shitty. i have an aunt that lives out there and the last time i seen her she was bitching about the current gun laws. i feel for you guys. esepcially those that cant get out of there anytime soon.

You left out the fun part.......once you get your CWP, you can walk into any gun shop, pick your poison, flash your CWP, pay your cash, and walk out. My cousin says he feels like a Mexican Cartel member every time he buys a new weapon. haha.gif

Nobody.. I mean Nobody has it as bad as we do in ILLINOIS especially in Cook County (Chicago and everywhere within 30-40 miles of it). No CC or OC at all in this state. No NFA of any type, no "assault weapons" which includes any magazine fed shotguns and any fun rifle like AR etc.. no magazines over 10 rounds, and the list goes on... Cook County has the worst gun laws of any other place in the nation, period. On top of all of that, if you live in Chicago you have to take a class to own guns and pay an extra tax every year for each gun you own so that big brother can confirm you still have it, and of course to discourage gun ownership & make some money while they're at it.

I always say "I dont live in America, I live in Illinois".

• Like 1