Well I finally squeezed the trigger and picked up a 7.62 x39 Saiga. I have a 223 converted many moons ago. I absolutely love the rifle. Unfortunately so does the wife….. Needless to say I need to find a replacement for me. I originally picked up the rifle to hunt coyotes. Since she does not hunt, I will still be able to use it for this. But now I need a primary weapon for me. And since I am looking at hunting Pronghorn this year I thought I would give the 7.62 a try.

I picked up a new/ used Saiga with the 20 inch barrel for $350. The documents that came with the rifle are dated 99. I noticed that the rifle does not have the bolt hold open. On a strange note the rifle is a lot lighter than my 223. The barrel looks narrower as well. Is this normal? My 223 has a lot of climb (16 inch barrel) so I was looking at putting a brake on. Do the 7.62 and the 223 take the same brake? I know that CNC sells the same die for both. I also think that I am going to put an ATI folding stock on when I do the conversion. Has any one worked with that stock?

Well I guess that is all for right now. Happy shooting.