Anyone buy one of these?

This part is for installing different muzzle attachments (both, muzzle breaks and the chokes) designed Saiga shotguns (which normally have externally threaded bbl) onto MKA-1919 shotguns (which normally have internally threaded bbl). By itself this part would not be considered as a 922r complaint part, but the muzzle attachment would be.

I use it to attach my brakes designed for the Saiga 12. Same one you noted. I had problems with mine not being threaded correctly to start the brake. It was the adapter because I tried two different breaks. Threaded the break on backwards by putting the adapter in from the front and ran it through a few times to fix the thread.

I would have thought that it was the opposite way as the adapter is a US part replacing the choke which is a muzzle attachment. One screw in piece replacing another screw in piece. It did not come with a flash hider or break so the break would be an add on and not counted as 922..

In my most recent discussions with ATF, they don't consider an internal choke tube as a "muzzle attachment". Which makes some sense, since it doesn't actully attach to the muzzle of the gun. It attaches to the bore about 2.5" south of the muzzle. Per ATF, an attachment is considered something that extends out past the end of the barrel. If it goes rearward from the end of the muzzle, they don't consider it a muzzle attachment in regards to 922®. That is why a thread protector is not considered a muzzle attachment either.

In the case of the Cadiz Gun Works adapter, it attaches to the bore, but does extend past the end of the barrel, so I believe they would consider that to be a muzzle attachment. I could be wrong on that one though.

Tony

• 1 month later...

Damn that's a good price on those. Carlsons lists those for 20 bucks more on their website.

BTW these also work with the Saiga choke adapters I sell here, in case anyone is interested. I order all my chokes from Carlsons. They have others I stock as well, including the rifled choke tubes for shooting slugs, and also ported models, extended turkey chokes, and others.

Interesting. There were some cool looking "bone collector" choke/comps for Winchoke too of a similar design. Being threaded for proper internal chokes of a common style is a definite advantage of the adkal.