Suggestions For A Rifle Bag/Case For Saiga with POSP

Hey everyone. I had a Plano case for my Saiga and shotty when I had no scope on the Saiga, it worked great.

Now that I have a 4x24 POSP scope on it, I can only carry the Saiga in the case to the range. I don't want to have to take the scope off an on just for transport, so I'm looking for a decent bag or a good case that can hold the Saiga while a POSP is on it.

I'm mostly looking for the opinion of people that already own one that works on their similiar set-up.

I would like to spend $50 or under, I only intend this to be something to get me to the range, and I think I prefer a bag or soft case to a hard case, but am willing to hear all options. thanks!

Let me check.

Yep! I tried 30-round Circle-10s, Bulgarian steel, Romanian steel, and Chinese flatbacks. I have to use the corner of the Velcro, but they fit pretty securely. The Velcro on the flap barely reaches the Velcro on the pouch with a 30-round Tapco mag therein.

Edited by DrThunder88

Let me check.

Yep! I tried 30-round Circle-10s, Bulgarian steel, Romanian steel, and Chinese flatbacks. I have to use the corner of the Velcro, but they fit pretty securely. The Velcro on the flap barely reaches the Velcro on the pouch with a 30-round Tapco mag therein.

thanks for checking! I use the SGM Saiga mags (they're a bit blockier than the TAPCOs) so I'm guessing they wouldn't work . . . hmm . . . seems like there would be something out there. I think I may come back to the Midway bag if I can't find something more "AK specific" though.

I'm thinking you could find some two sided velcro strips at WalMart or something and extend the mag pouch flaps. You could even sew them on if you wanted to get fancy with it. I just ordered an AR case but I only use 20 round mags so I think I'll be ok.

I ust use the Midway USA brand bag ,#: 939239907 (their PN) $19.99. Cheap and easy for range transport. Bought it for my restored Saiga with my POSP for going to the range like you!

Oh and it says 6 mag pouches, it is only 4 as you can see from the pic. 30rd surplus mags fit tight but fine.

I bought an Allen 46" bag through Ebay ....$26.95. My Saiga .308 w/scope fits well, and the SGM mags

fit in the pockets. I also bought a 42" for my Saiga 12

Their Ebay store is: Wholesale Hunter. They have bags in 32", 37", 42", 46".

I go to the range once or twice a week, and the bags are wearing well. I have no complaints with them.