Saiga 5.45 conversion questions. HELP PLEASE. First project

I decided to go and get Saiga 545 and convert it. Got few questions that needed clarification:

1) Bullet guide, yes or no? Each post on this forum and on AKFiles I read says different things. Some say Yes, some say "No need if you use Bulgarian Mags". Where is the truth?

2) Does trigger group hole needs to be cut into the receiver or there is already one covered by sporter plate?

3) Pistol grip reinforcement plate: needed or not?

4) Which is the simplest trigger group to install?

Any advice or warning about 5.45 conversion?

Thank you

D

I decided to go and get Saiga 545 and convert it. Got few questions that needed clarification:

1) Bullet guide, yes or no? Each post on this forum and on AKFiles I read says different things. Some say Yes, some say "No need if you use Bulgarian Mags". Where is the truth?

2) Does trigger group hole needs to be cut into the receiver or there is already one covered by sporter plate?

3) Pistol grip reinforcement plate: needed or not?

4) Which is the simplest trigger group to install?

Any advice or warning about 5.45 conversion?

Thank you

D

1) It truly depends on your unique rifle. Some will and some wont. My best advice is to do the conversion without the bullet guide and see how it does. If it needs it then install one otherwise leave it be.

2) Already there, just covered by the sporter plate

3) Not sure, I'm not using one..... to my knowledge lol

4) Tapco G2 Single Hook. (for install videos look here, it will walk you through the trigger group install http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-template/Videos-and-Links/Page )

pg plate not needed unless you do a side folder conversion, even then, probably not a "must have" but correct for that type of conversion.

My Saiga functions w/o a bullet guide, but the rifle was designed to utilize one.

All necessary holes are already there after you remove plate as already stated.

Look forward to seeing pics of your build!

Also, how do to a BHO in Saiga 5.45? Any advice? I am super confused about this part

those videos I linked to in my first post walk you through everything, including putting the BHO back in place. Takes like 30 minutes or so to watch them all but they really do go step by step by step...