Mounting a scope on a TWS rail.

I have the 3x9 version of that scope on my S308 on a TWS rail. I had to use Burris extra high rings in order to get the scope to clear the dogleg, which I wasn't happy about. But the silver lining is that the rings are see-through, and they put the scope high enough to retain use of the iron sights. I can't help you with the Ace stock... I built my own with an adjustable cheek rest, to fit the Ace hinge. I tried adapting one of my cheek rests to an Ace style stock and it wasn't really feasible without having some parts custom machined. Ace makes one but it's fixed height.

I have an Ace skeleton stock on my TWS equipped S308. You'll need the Ace cheek riser. You may want to get a piece of plastic tube from the hardware store to act as a rear spacer for the riser to prevent it from sliding backwards. I had to do this with mine which has the shortest Ace stock installed on it. You can see what I'm talking about here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/75209-updated-308-conversion/

Edited by Steve in Allentown PA

I used Burris Extreme Tactical .75" rings on my 'Vortex Viper 2-7x32', http://swfa.com/Burr...ings-P7958.aspx

With a 33mm objective you will be fine. IMO, your really not going to be able to go any lower.

Mounted in .75" rings, my Vortex Viper's 32mm objective bell clears the rear sight block mount by a mere 3/8".

I'm going to have to say, "Yes, you will want a cheek riser."

Ideally I need a 2" riser for a natural cheek weld with my setup as shown.

I'm using the TWS Gen1 Dog Leg rail, are you getting the Gen2 or Gen1?

vortex1-1.jpg

* This is measuring ring height from top of rail to bottom of ring's inside.

Some manufacturers measure from top of rail to center line of ring.

Know which measurement is being used.

burris-ringheight.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno

This is going to be hard advice to follow, but I'd wait until you have the scope in hand and the rail mounted on the rifle before you buy rings. I'd play with it a little and see how everything fits together and works with you ergonomically.

If you go too low, you're possibly going to have problems with the objective bell hitting the dogleg/peep, or will have to mount the scope too far back or forwards. If you go too high, you're possibly going to wish you'd waited and gone lower. But Chile's right - you may want a riser regardless.

Slower is faster, haste makes waste, etc.

• Like 1

If you go too low, you're possibly going to have problems with the objective bell hitting the dogleg/peep, or will have to mount the scope too far back or forwards.

If you go too high, you're possibly going to wish you'd waited and gone lower.

Good advice, if you don't have the knowledge of other's direct & very similar experience.

It really isn't hard if you've the measurements of the scope, rings and make sure you've prudent clearance.

The biggie is, as I posted in bolded text, knowing how the manufacturer is measuring their ring's height.

If Angel_King is using a TWS Gen1 Dog Leg, then I've done the work for him as there is only a 1mm difference in objective diameter.

But I what would be the best scope ring hight and if I should get a cheek riser for my ACE stock?

Follow the advice of others, wait for the scope and rail before you buy rings. go cheep on the the

rings at first, figure out what works for you, then buy Hi end rings.

• Like 1