I'm looking @ getting the Magpul or similar AFG.

Anyone use them on their s12 and do they hold up.

I've seen alot of them being listed for airsoft but seems its the same thing.

I just can't wrap my head around getting a VFG as it wouldnt be natural for me.

Input is greatly apprciated. I am slowly getting things for my s12 with time and $ as it allows.

I have a AFG on my 7.62, bought it just to " try it out "

its strong, will be ALOT harder to break off than a standard VFG,

its comfortable, my hands rest in a more natural position without extra stress on my wrist to hold it..

it cost no more than a good quality VFG...

everyone thats ever held my rifle liked it better than the standard VFGs and many have switched over now.

I'm not saying its gonna be perfect for you... and on the 12, get the larger origional type, not the newer mini type unless you have a really short quad on your gun BUT....

If ya get one and don't like it, you can always resale it or trade it for another VFG to someone in the WTB WTS section of the forums... I REALLY like mine...

Right now I'm looking @ cost. I've spent alot of $ IMO on gear recently and this is one of the last few wants besides rail covers for my UTG quad, some sort of pistol holster either drop leg or some molle type, and 4 more 15rd mags for my P95.

I'm watching a few items on Ebay for all, and came across some OEM brand for rail ladder covers on amazon I'm debating on buying.

siaga12drum.jpg i use this forward grip and believe it to be the ugliest thing ever. but, when using a drum or 3" shells it helps a lot. when using stick mags there is plenty space between the mag opening and the grip to ignore it.

Dane,bro, this is sick,how short is the barrel ?big_smile.gif

I'm a VFG guy, never could get used to the feel of a AFG. It's one of those things you either love or hate depending on your shooting style. That said, the Magpul AFG is a quality part and I'd be hard pressed to use anything airsoft on a shotty.

Hate AFG....LOVE standard VFGs.....all of my rifles have one. I run plastic too. They are lighter for starters, and if I come down hard on it, I'd rather have it break then bend a rail or cause damage to the actual gun.

Does Magpul make airsoft crap? Cause some of the listings and stuff I've seen say magpul but have airsoft listed.

Hate AFG....LOVE standard VFGs.....all of my rifles have one. I run plastic too. They are lighter for starters, and if I come down hard on it, I'd rather have it break then bend a rail or cause damage to the actual gun.

Does Magpul make airsoft crap? Cause some of the listings and stuff I've seen say magpul but have airsoft listed.

No, MagPul only makes serious professional stuff, but the airsoft perverts use the name for the knock-off shit.

• Like 1

I prefer the multi-positionFGs because of wrist issues. That way I can go vertical or angled depending on how my tendonitis is effecting me at the time. I really can't do horizontal at all. I have found that a stubby VFG works well also.

I used 2 UTG VFGs, both are crap. I used to think that UTG had some quality stuff, but after experiencing failures on these 2 products, I am starting to learn my lesson that everyone has been warning about since the beginning of time. I first used the new UTG aluminum VFG and after 3 shots of wally world birdshot out of my S12, the handle snapped off at the mounting base. Then I used the plastic UTG VFG off of my AK, and it sheared the plastic locating pin off. Still in the process of finding a more suitable VFG for my S12.

I use a vfg and an afg. The magpul afg works good with the stock extended and 2 3/4 loads, and I use the vfg with 3" loads or when I have the stock folded. VFG doubles as a 300 lumina light source, strobe and laser. VFG is a Sig.

post-21372-0-21457000-1330828211_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

No, MagPul only makes serious professional stuff, but the airsoft perverts use the name for the knock-off shit.

Magpul Industries makes gun accessories. Magpul PTS or Professtional Training & Simulation makes airsoft stuff so they could cash in on the airsoft market. It is a division of magpul though.

I'm a VFG guy myself. Some shooting buddies and myself were afforded the opportunity to test the AFG1 before it was released to give Magpul feedback on it. We tried it on numerous weapon platforms and numerous rail systems including my S12 with a Chaos rail. I found it to be awkward I think because I had used a VFG for so long, so did my buddies. One thing with the VFG, it does help "force" the support elbow down with shooters who like to chicken wing it. We did find the "wings" on the AFG1 interfered with the side rails on some quad setups, preventing accessories, even rail covers, to be mounted. Our feedback resulted in the AFG2 without the wings. The AFG did seem to work pretty well with an 870 forearm that had a bottom rail section. It seemed to help when cycling the pump.

• 1 month later...

Now I'm going to catch some shit for this but I really dont care...lol

SOME airsoft stuff is made the same way the "real" stuff is but like injected molded polymers. You can find quality airsoft polymer accessories like VFG & AFG for a fraction of the price. I have a "airsoft" grip pod on my S12 and its stood up very well and it cost $15 on ebay. I am NOT a mall ninja by any means but wanted to see how much of a difference there was. I started a thread on this subject and will update it with my findings on the airsoft cloned Magpul MBUS. After a few mags the pins at the hinge points will start to work their way out. The only airsioft cloned furniture that I've found to be good is the VFG GRIP POD.

Edited by blkhwkguy

Got a military Grip Pod. Was told it was the best. Now I'm thinking about mounting solutions. Still sporting the original handguard.

How has it held up so far? I have found quite a few for sale but mixed reviews - many claim to be legit and people are finding they are knock offs. If you do not mind me asking, how much did you pay for yours and where did you order it from?

My Saiga 12 is being converted and ETA suggests it will not be done until mid June this year...now all I can do is day dream and look at accessories. Pretty much I just need to decide on sights and a foregrip

• 4 months later...

SOME airsoft stuff is made the same way the "real" stuff is but like injected molded polymers. You can find quality airsoft polymer accessories like VFG & AFG for a fraction of the price. I have a "airsoft" grip pod on my S12 and its stood up very well and it cost $15 on ebay. I am NOT a mall ninja by any means but wanted to see how much of a difference there was. I started a thread on this subject and will update it with my findings on the airsoft cloned Magpul MBUS. After a few mags the pins at the hinge points will start to work their way out. The only airsioft cloned furniture that I've found to be good is the VFG GRIP POD.

I was just looking @ the magpul info about the USA and the PTS line. Basically identical except the PTS in made in Hong Kong.

I was just looking @ the magpul info about the USA and the PTS line. Basically identical except the PTS in made in Hong Kong.

Yes and the quality isn't as good. The pins in the joints of the flip up sights start to work their way out with recoil until they just fall apart unless you keep an eye on them. I have to push them back in after a 30rnd mag of .223.