Just arrived now what...

Ok one last question. I am looking at the KVAR stock how exactly does it attach to the rifle? There are no holes to attach to the tang, there is only one single hole running length wise in the part that will inside the receiver area. Kit didn't come with any hardware or anything so how in the heck does it attach?

If its a standard KVAR fixed AK stock, you drill two holes, thru the existing Tang and rear trunnion bosses, once you have it seated completely. Then re use the screws you took out from your OE stock. The KVAR stocks fit tight (giggidy) and sometimes require a little material be removed (file, sand paper, shave) to get them to seat completely into the receiver.

I've gone a couple years without ever screwing mine in the receiver and never had a problem, they fit that tight!

Edited by Mullet Man
  • 3 weeks later...

Check out "Military Arms Channel" on facebook and/or youtube. Search through videos for cleaning an AK. He suggests and I've been doing it is thoroughly douch with water to remove the salts from corrosive ammunition, dry with shop air, use wd40 to displace water, use a degreaser to remove the wd40 and then use Rem oil .

That's the Reader's Digest version.

Don't get hung up on cleaning it. After all your run of the mill insurgent fu*k uses water from a mud hole and motor oil.