Ran across Tapco 30 rd. mags for $5.90 at CTD

Just wanted to let y'all know about this in case anyone's looking.

www.cheaperthandirt.com/2MGTINMAG630BBULK-1.html

I de-linked it, (or tried to, anyway), so you'll have to cut and paste the url.

Edited by John U.
  • Like 1

The problem is their shipping. I was going to bt 4 mags for $23.60. But they wanted $24.12 for shipping. Don't need the mags that bad

Mine was only $14.00 for 8 mags????

You can change delivery options in the dropdown menu on checkout.

if you get 4 or less , shipping is $7.96 , scroll down on shipping options. i used the cheapskate method on my order for two mags im waiting on. i prefer o.p. as shipping is free over 30 beans. no such deal on 5.45 on ctd though. hope this helps someone

I really like the ones from AIM and for 9.99 it's a good deal. I did however pick up 5 Bulgarian slab side polymer 30 rounders today for $12 each at my local ACE hardware. Most of them I've seen online are priced at ~$20. May not be looking in the right places but I thought it was a decent deal.

The problem is their shipping. I was going to bt 4 mags for $23.60. But they wanted $24.12 for shipping. Don't need the mags that bad

wOw! 1 mag=$15.72 shipping to me! (not including the price of the mag!) I'll wait for the gun show to pick a few up.

WOW! It looks like CTD is really trying to hose some of y'all on shipping.

What ever happened to same price shipping in the lower 48?

I hope y'all find a way better deal someplace else. (Lemme know when you do. :) )

Dude, that SUCKS! 015.gif

I'm blastin' the shotgun out the back door on this, but:

Do you think stretching the spring out a little would fix that?

Wouldn't that destroy the spring!? flexing it past normal limit of elasticity can't be good for its lifespan, can it?

if i load up 30 in there it'll shoot a few (5-10) and then the follower gets stuck and stops therefor making it only effective as a sinker, paperweight or a non returning boomerang. this is the only tapco mag i have ever dealt with but needless to say im in no rush to get another. its funny because when the follower gets stuck like that you can literally empty the mag by shaking it ---the bullets just fall right out---

Dude, that SUCKS! 015.gif

I'm blastin' the shotgun out the back door on this, but:

Do you think stretching the spring out a little would fix that?

Wouldn't that destroy the spring!? flexing it past normal limit of elasticity can't be good for its lifespan, can it?

I wouldn't think so if you don't stretch it too far. I've done it in the past with a mag that had a weak spring. It wouldn't chamber the last few rounds in the mag. I stretched it about an inch and a half and it's been good since. FWIW, it's a VERY used Eastern Bloc mag.

.....am i the only one who has this consistently happen with tapco mags?

I have six 20 round Tapco's in 7.62 and six 30 round 5.45's and haven't experienced it yet. I leave two or three of each loaded for extended periods maybe a few months to almost 2 years on some (only unloaded when I go shooting and happen to grab them rather than the surplus mags) and have yet to have any problems with them. I have always been concerned about the non-reinforced mag catches breaking but haven't experienced that yet either. That said, I will take surplus mags (steel or polymer) over them any day.

Edited by TJohn

Friends don't let friends buy tapco... The G2 is the only part they sell(they bought the company that makes them and I hope they leave that "division" untouched) that's worth anything. Even then you have to watch for the recalled ones and make sure it fits/functions in you're specific rifle.

Everything else tapco should raise a huge red flag. Their mags have been shown to easily fail and fail hard. With those "eastern european"/chinese steel mags so cheap there are 0 reasons to look at tapco mags.

On a side note those chicom cheap mags aren't perfect either but after a good cleaning and function inspection you'll have solid mags.