Krebs Sight Install - Help w/ Pictures Please.

Hello,

I am new here but not new to saigas.

Yes, I did use the search and did not find any pictures.

I will be installing the Krebs Ghost Ring Combat Sights and was looking for a picture to help me with the rear install. My understanding is that I must remove the rear dovetail.

So many question is can someone please post a picture/video of how this is done?

I will be able to install the front by removing my break.

Thank you!big_smile.gif

Thanks, I did use the search and came to that same page.

In my above post, I asked for a simple picture because thats how my brain works and understands best. A visual learner, yah know?

Thank you with your blessing of good luck.

Get a brass punch and hammer(hammer does not have to be brass).

Using the punch and hammer.

Drift the rear sight from right to left looking from the stock end.

You knocking it old rear sight out of the rear trunion.

When I did mine I had to make the new sight fit the dove tail slot, do not file the rear trunion, file the sight.

Knock the new sight into the dove tail from left to right.

Your dove tail might be wider on one side than the other.

This is the best I can do for a pic with out taking my S12 apart.

post-37682-0-88440900-1330808757.jpg

Edited by RED333
  • Like 1

Be advised that the rear sight sometimes doesn't want to come out of the dovetail. I had to very carefully weaken mine with a Dremel cut off wheel before it could be punched out. The Krebs rear sight went in very easily.

Mine was the other way around easy old out, new had to be fitted.

• Like 1

Get a brass punch and hammer(hammer does not have to be brass).

Using the punch and hammer.

Drift the rear sight from right to left looking from the stock end.

You knocking it old rear sight out of the rear trunion.

When I did mine I had to make the new sight fit the dove tail slot, do not file the rear trunion, file the sight.

Knock the new sight into the dove tail from left to right.

Your dove tail might be wider on one side than the other.

This is the best I can do for a pic with out taking my S12 apart.

Thank you very much, Sir!

I just installed the Krebs ghost ring sights on my Saiga the other day. I had to take a dremel to the stock rear sight, until I was maybe .01'' from cutting through it before the sight would drift out. Drifting in the new sight was a breeze. A few good whacks of the hammer and it was in. Also, I didnt really use a genuine brass drift, I just used a socket wrench extension I had laying around because I don't have a drift set wink.png

Using what ya got aint all bad, been do it that way for years.

I actually just removed my quadrail with hk sights and switched to a kvar handguard. I'm going out to see how well just the front sight bead works on clays before i re-install the rear notch.

I have considered the krebs set up though, just to use some tritium in the front sight

I got lucky on my rear sight... it hammered out pretty easy.

Already got an xs striped front sight.. but not the Krebs yet. I figured, if the factory front bead ends up being accurate enough on it's own... i'll drop the xs sight into my AR. The XS post was just a little wider than a standard AR front post... also had a trijicon logo on it. I guess the tritium in it is trigicon.

Question about the rear aperture on Krebs though.. is it distracting at all, or is it still pretty functional that far forward?

• 10 months later...

I installed the Krebs sights on my S12 today. Had to cut nearly through the stock rear sight as well. I really like the new sights. I have one question though. Does it matter which way you put the rear aperture sight in, meaning pushing the aperture insert out towards the front of the gun or towards the rear of the gun?