RS Regulate AKML/Tromix S17

'Just got my hands on this RS Regulate AKML mount that I purchased to use on my Tromix S17. As far as I am concerned, This mount is perfection. It can be tensioned to your weapon so that you get a tight fit and you can center the optic over the bore. It puts the optic really low and best of all it allows you to use the lightest and best red dot on the market on your AK/Saiga 12 etc.

030212075619.jpg

I pounded the crap out of it yesterday with a lot of 1600fps slugs and 3" 00buck with zero issues.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Horse what all mini red dots does the side mount accept? Aimpoints are too expensive for me.

A few different shops manufacture Aimpoint T1/H1 clones.

Good luck with them holding up against 12ga recoil for any real length of time. Not saying something wont, necessarily.. but in my experience, the S12 eats cheaper optics alive. I only buy quality stuff now.. this way, the S12 has less of a chance killing it. And if it does, a quality optic by a big-name company will have a good warranty.

That said, folks around here seem to like the Primary Arms line of optics. Never used one, myself.

Sorry I missed that post - I couldn't stop drooling over the Tromix.

As Sickness said - to my knowledge at least Primary Arms and Vortex Optics produce Micro dot clones of the T1 that use the common base mount.

The RS AKML was designed to use the T-1/H-1 so your ability to co-witness etc with the others is not guaranteed. I do not have either to be able to check them.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Just to back what sickness said; these shotguns will expose weak links. I took this combo, as pictured above ,to zero it with full power 2 3/4 slugs and found out ky battery cap was slightly loose. The recoil from the slugs was causing the battery to loose contact.

• 3 months later...