Mag wobble with new Arsenal

I have some side to side mag wobble with this brand new arsenal saiga AK. I didn't notice it until I went home and was putting in some of my 30rnd mags. It also has side to side movement with the stock 5rnd mag but I didn't notice it. I thought since I was paying double the price of a romak AK I didn't think the Russian AK would have those issues.

i have an sgl31 that has a little bit of mag wabble. what kind of mags you got? some will fit tighter than others, and i wouldnt worry about it unless it gives you feeding problems when your shooting.

Calm down,

just becuase it's an arsenal doesn't mean it's a $5000 precision rifle. Billions of ak magazines were made each is slightly different than the one before.

The magwell is just fine. I'm sure just the mags you have are slightly smaller dimensionally than the way izmash cuts thier receivers

Have you even shot the thing yet?!?

• Like 1

Not to be rude, but either try different mags until you find a type that works, or just get over it. AKs are at their best when they're a little on the loose side. This ensures a minimum of fuss with magazines that may be off spec. It will never fail to feed or function with a little bit of mag movement.

• Like 1

It has a small amount of wobble with tapco polymers. A little more with the eastern European models. Then it's a tight fit with my romak drum and I think it's a Bulgarian steel 40 rounder.

No biggie. Totally normal.

Get 1k rounds downrange and let me know if you're still disappointed with your AK. The love for these rifles comes from shooting the piss out of them, not wobbling your mags around on the kitchen table with a tear running down you're cheek.

My saiga currently has wood handguards,polymer stock and pistol grip, and i filed the mag catch a little too much so my mags rattle like a babies toy. She's an ugly slut, but I have almost 3k rounds through her with nothing that even may resemble an issue. It's an AK, treat it like one