I shot Winchester super x 2 3/4 slugs. I think they were 1600's. I shot 20 rds and had about 4-5 FTF. They pulled it of the clip but failed to feed correctly. I don't know if that is good ammo or not and I know that every gun has its break in period, so it didn't concern me much. My flock did the same thing when I bought it. After 200 rds I never had an issue. From what I've heard these guns are built really tight so I'm sure with time it will get better.

I started off with Winchester 2 & 3/4" rifled slugs as well. I ran a box of 15 through it first. First mag slow, second mag a lil faster, and 3rd mag pretty damn fast. Then i ran 10 Remington 3" sluggers... No problems thus far....

Next up was various loads (about 30) of 00 Buckshot. 2 3/4" and 3"... still no problems.

Had a ton (like 50) of old Winchester and Remington 3" turkey loads. Winnies were great and never had a problem. Remingtons seemed to get caught up going into the chamber. All it took was a small touch on the charging handle forward and was shooting again. Almost like tolerances were to tight to let the remingtons slide in nice and easy.

Then i went to Winchester Super X Heavy field loads. 2 3/4" High brass. Box says great for pheasants. Ran 75 of them like i was shooting my old 11-87. Not a problem one.

Next up some old Winchester duck loads i had. Steel shot 2 3/4"... again like butter.

I had expected all the higher power stuff to work. Now for the test i thought... Dunhams special $5.00/ box remington 2 3/4" low brass game loads. Shocked!!! Lets just say ill be going back to dunhams and getting more for fun shooting!!!

So all in all. The only thing i was disapointed in was the Remington 3" turkey loads. I dont have any of those left to see if it was just cause the gun hadnt been shot much yet. Who knows. Maybe ill try them again and see.

Not sure if it helped any either, but the night before i went and shot, i left the bolt locked back to the rear all night long. I read of others doing this, figured id give her a try.

Nate

Ok so today i found something that isnt powerful enough to cycle reliably in the 1919.... Winchester AA Extra-Lite 2 3/4 low brass skeet loads. Of 25 shells, i think 14-15 had to be hand cycled, similar to a bolt action. Most of the time the shell spent hull would just be reloaded into the chamber again, but every once in a while it would stove pipe, and every once in a while it would eject fine. I think its right on the edge of working with them and a few more shootings and it might just run'em. The spacer available by Tromix would probably fix this right away. If they dont work after a 100 or so more rounds, i just wont shoot them.

For skeet and fun ill shoot the Low brass Remy game loads at $5/box.

**now im not saying the bolt back worked by any means or that it didnt. I read it somewhere on the net, you know how that goes. haha But it made sense to me so i did it. I personally think all the slugs, buckshot, and turkey loads were key in "breaking" it in.

Edited by MichiGun Hunter