Help with ETAC, Esteban, GoGuns....

I am just wondering who is all still waiting on orders.

I am still waiting would like find out who all is still waiting.

Please PM me with info on your order and time spent waiting.

No really personal info needed just basics.

Love the Avatar Ghost

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never heard one good thing about them, I'd lawyer up and get my shit back.

Sadly, It's quite simple to crash your business into the ground using the "pay up front" method.   The guns are modified in batches, generally- and the actual "in-shop" working time is 1-2 weeks. So

I could dream up a lot of shit.   I am also disappointed in some forum business members like Mississippi Auto Arms who continue to sell his twister pucks...

First off, I'm extremely empathetic toward everyone who apparently has been wronged in their dealings with this company. It makes me sick that anyone would have to wait two plus years to get their weapon back, let alone listen to absurd excuses ad nausem. This isn't right no matter how you look at it.

However, there may be another way to get your problem resolved other than hiring an attorney and wasting more money than what the weapon is worth.

My son had problems with an unnamed company in North Carolina (no, not CSS) who for well over six months wouldn't ship his Sig 226. He had paid for it as he was getting out of the Marines but due to scheduling conflicts was unable to pick it up before leaving for home. During that period of time, his phone calls and e-mails went unanswered for the most part. Among other excuses when he did get through, they were "moving to a new location"" were very busy" "had other commitments too" and finally "didn't get your FFL's fax number."

This continuing procession of excuses was very frustrating and it looked like the only way to resolve it was to travel from Iowa to North Carolina in order to handle it face to face. That's when our FFL guy chimed in. He said that we should notify the BATF. Yes, that evil, mean, intrusive government agency we all know so well. As it turned out though, the BATF was just as willing (perhaps even more so) to hassle businesses as it does individuals. It seems they don't like it when a firearm belongs to one individual but is held by someone else against the owner's wishes. Within a few days of giving the BATF the facts, the firearm was shipped posthaste. The company did send my son a final e-mail indignantly stating that they had been trying to work with him and didn't understand why he felt the need to involve the BATF. They also said "We have just gone through a hurricane, you know!" That's fine and is a legitimate excuse for a week or so, but what about the previous six months?

Anyway, I don't know if your situation is similar enough to involve the BATF or not, but an inquiry to them is certainly merited. I'm sure they have an office or two in Hawaii where agents are twiddling their thumbs at taxpayer expense, just looking for something to do. I will say this though, if they do choose to become involved you will either get your firearm back or they will shut the business down or perhaps both.

Best of luck,

Tim

• Like 2

I am more or less looking for generic info . I found some interesting information on the law but more or less trying to find out a close dollar and victim count . I have been waiting in excess of 3 years. but I am done waiting . I was asking for pm because I am not going to trash talk or anything that could be construed as threats.

But will discuss options in private.

Plus I want no more excuses

I am a tenacious son of a bitch I won't give up till I have a fair solution. I myself will not call this a loss and write it off. This is just wrong.

I wish I wasn't here but I am.

FREEDOM!!!!! :)

• Like 1

So the facts are that Esteban lied about my guns being nearly completed (one was taken apart and the other not touched, I was told by Kelly). I have recently left messages (909-529-1628) and tried contacting him via his new website (http://www.ecmguns.com/) but have not heard back. Does anyone have any other contact information for him, including his full name? He currently has 2 registered SBS guns and after 2 years I consider it theft of both guns plus the $2500 or so I paid for the conversions. I would much prefer to get either my completed guns returned or my unconverter guns with my money returned. Failing that I fear that I must seek legal action.

Notify NFA branch of the ATF.

• Like 1

I am just wondering who is all still waiting on orders.

I am still waiting would like find out who all is still waiting.

Please PM me with info on your order and time spent waiting.

No really personal info needed just basics.

Why would any of us provide you this info? In other words: "Who are you, and what is your intent were you to receive this information?"

I will say that I have personally been waiting 2 years and 6 months on a Saiga rifle conversion (but you should have become aware of that based on my previous posts within this thread).

I don't know who this individual person is, but that is one helluva woman in the profile pic! greedy.gif Edited by Guns Are Great
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with E-tac I just bought my s-12 from a gun store here in hawaii and he said they use them and gave me Estaban #ph, called and he was not fourthcoming with the info. of the location of his shop I know its waipio gentry but he seem to not want me to come and have face to face felt kinda funny maybe cause he knew I was on island ? again sorry to hear of nightmare

• 2 months later...

He's on his third "it's different now"

Exactly. I couldn't believe it when guys sent their guns to him after the first implosion. But guys did. Then he crashed again....and guys sent more guns in. Then it happened a third time, and still.......there were stupid ass mother fuckers that continued to send their guns in. I hate to say it, but if you're so fucking stupid to continue doing business with a guy that has fucked over customers for YEARS, you deserve it......dumbass.

Don't worry....there will be a fourth and fifth "revival" so if your intelligence continues to spiral downward, you will have another chance to fuck yourself up the ass.

Thanks for the help but next time please keep your pathetic comments to yourself as no one wants to hear it.

Universal stranger... Troll...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that people kept sending ETac guns because they didn't research the company before giving them business.

I'd not only sue for my guns/refund, but also for any and all court costs and whatever else my lawyer could dream up. I loathe bad chronic bad customer service from any business.

I did research on ETAC before placing my order, most comments were positive 3 years ago except that he generally took a bit longer.

Well, now it's well over 2 years and Esteban has failed to reply to any phone calls or email. I will try one last time to contact him then I will contact the ATF field office in Hawaii as well as the local police there. Since my guns are registered SBS I figure that the ATF would be interested to know that I am no longer able to gain possession of them and that Esteban has, by his two years of lying and delay tactics, refused to complete and return my guns.

• 1 year later...

Final end to this story.  Esteban asked for one more chance to finish my guns but after another 8 months of lies and delays I demanded my guns back.  Received a box with my "guns" the other week, a box of parts that used to be two shotguns.  The barrels and bolt carriers are destroyed and will have to be replaced and many, many parts are missing.  So after around $2500 and 3 and a half years I am left with a pile of junk.  I contacted a reputable Saiga expert on this forum and he said that he could not repair them to his standards.  

So now all that is left is to make sure that Esteban does not get the chance to do this to anyone else.  I hear that his is now manufacturing AR-15 lowers.  Let's not give this guy another chance to screw more people over.  Warn others never to do business with this liar and thief.  Here is his current information:

Cem K. Esteban

ECM Guns

94-1388 Moaniani St 

Unit 409

Waipahu, HI 96797

He has also done business under E-Tac and GoGuns.  Not sure if he is still affiliated with either.  Beware of this guy, he will give you every excuse in the world (away on military duty, sick, sick relative, financial problems, sick employee, employee's personal issues, and on and on).

License Number: 9-99-003-07-6F-00196

The barrels may be usable, not sure.  Not taking a chance so I am having ICC mill new ones.  The carriers were cut down and heat treated which seems to have made the ends brittle and now have defects.  I am looking into replacing them with R&R's milled bolt carriers.  I know these guns can be salvaged but it is just expensive.  I may just complete one and sell the other receiver and parts.

The barrels may be usable, not sure.  Not taking a chance so I am having ICC mill new ones.  The carriers were cut down and heat treated which seems to have made the ends brittle and now have defects.  I am looking into replacing them with R&R's milled bolt carriers.  I know these guns can be salvaged but it is just expensive.  I may just complete one and sell the other receiver and parts.

Sorry you got screwed that's sucks. Always a market for parts may be able to sell parts from one and pay to fix the other one. Keep us informed interested to see how this turns out.

Jesus..... wow what a hack artist not to mention a.....thief I'd try to make one out all parts looks like you missing piston rods, piece out the second one a least got bolts, sell one bolts for (175-200) there is your new barrel. throw out that gas block its warped from weld job.

good luck

I'd take trip to hi. stick up his ass after you get it completed with 20 round drum

Edited by bobabuee

Ever heard the phrase "judgement proof?"...

If enough people complain though, you might get the state to go after him for "unfair business practice", depending on your state or Hawii's consumer protection laws. The feds too through Lanham Act's consumer protection stuff.

Some of his behavior might constitute theft of a firearm, or even theft of a title II firearm.

• Like 1

If enough people complain though, you might get the state to go after him for "unfair business practice", depending on your state or Hawii's consumer protection laws. The feds too through Lanham Act's consumer protection stuff.

Some of his behavior might constitute theft of a firearm, or even theft of a title II firearm.

Exactly!

Exactly!

boy, this story reminds me of  gary gucciano, the "gooch"" of Solstice Arms International  out of Ks. especially when I saw the pieces and parts of your gun.

what he did, was take people guns, kits  and a huge amount of money. I mean a HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY!. it took several years, and a whole shitload of people pounding on the door of the Ks.. AG door for them to even do anything. when they did, some people got pieces and parts of their firearm back, rusted and with chicken feathers and chicken shit on them.   but the vast majority of folks got nothing. including any restitution.

he fucked over a whole lot of  people

if you can stomach it,  the net has the story of the "gooch" just GOOGLE Solstice Arms International or gary gucciano . BTW, this happen back in 00, 01, and the AG didn't do squat until something like 04, 05, and that was only because the people that got ripped off banded together and keep up on the AG, which didn't do them any good, they still got fucked, no guns, parts and no  money, the gooch declared bankruptcy and he didn't go to  jail.    

there still people really pissed about it to this day.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Esteban declared bankruptcy last year I believe.  He's too far away to make it worth going to Hawaii, plus I would go to jail for what I would do to him!  I am just glad to have my "guns" back and now can assemble the correct parts to complete them.  Lost $2500 so I will probably just complete one gun and sell the other receiver and parts.  Just ordered a new 10" barrel with a 2.25" gas block set back from ICC and a new milled bolt carrier from R&R targets.  Picking up the other parts online.  Once everything is in I plan on striping the paint Esteban used (was supposed to be ceramic coating) and will have a competent gunsmith install the barrel and gas system.  I am also going to have the bolt and carrier polished by Pauly's Glassbolt.  From now on I am only dealing with people and companies connected to this forum and have exceptional reputations.

MH- that does soud very similar. A few other builders did the same thing too.

Esteban did a few guns in rapid time when he opened up shop he charged low rates and turned them around fast, and apparently did very high quality work. People were very pleased. Then he put up a fancy website and took a whole bunch of orders. Somewhere around that time he made a bunch of his breachers, and a ton of those stupid twister pucks. The breachers were pretty cool looking and well made, but I think it is misleading to call them a brake, which he did. The pucks were worthless and caused problems from day 1. He advertized and spammed the heck out of them here, and basically trash talked every other manufacturer and made ludicrous claims about what his would do. 

It pretty quickly became apparent that he was talking from theory not testing, and that he didn't understand fluid dynamics. A few months later, we started seeing people posting here to ask what the deal was with their orders...

Looks like a fusion weld. Why you would do that when welding a much larger/thicker piece of metal(rail) to thinner and more easily warped base(hollow gas block) I'll never know. The porosity could be pulled from the base metal(notice most of it is up towards the rail), or from poor gas backing coverage. this is the final coating we're looking at or some spraypaint to keep it from rusting in the mail?

Realistically, the welds can be fixed, the question is if your gas block is out of spec now due to the heat on your thin gas block. Will the gas plug thread in still? will aftermarket plugs thread in(chaos quick clean/tac47 auto plug)?