Got bored with sitting in the house while its too cold to go shooting so i started building my first AR. Build took about two minths to complete. Planning on sending off a form 1 on it once i make sure its running correctly because its begging for a slide fire stock. Should be able to get some rounds through it this weekend.

S&W M&P lower

PSA LPK

Magpul MOE+ grip

Magpul TG

BCM M16 bcg

Doublestar charging handle

Carbine buffer and spring

YHM upper

Red's Tactical 7.5" SS 5.56 barrel

Red's Tactical free float quad

YHM lo pro gas block

YHM gas tube

Pistol buffer tube courtesy of sunnybeam

64332_1959947415091_1734985788_942607_1663661106_n.jpg

Edited by slostang
  • Like 3

NICE!

Ive been toying with the idea of an AR pistol build for a long time but honestly Im a little intimidated by the idea of installing the gas block.Everything else seems straightforward but what exactly is involved in the process of installing the gas block? Is that something you need a press to do? Obviously I have ZERO knowledge of building ARs.unsure.png

Nice! I really want an AR pistol.

NICE!

Ive been toying with the idea of an AR pistol build for a long time but honestly Im a little intimidated by the idea of installing the gas block.Everything else seems straightforward but what exactly is involved in the process of installing the gas block? Is that something you need a press to do? Obviously I have ZERO knowledge of building ARs.unsure.png

Depends on the gas block. Some have taper pins, some have set screws, etc. You don't need a press, though.

Check out the .300 blackout. It's gives you nearly 7.62x39mm from 5.56 bolt and mags. It's awesome ammo is around 10 dollars a box for 115 grain OTM and it shoots awesome! I've got a 9" AAC upper that I built Into a pistol and it's sweet. Plus if you reload you can make you cases from 5.56 and it uses .308 bullets. So it's cheap to load. Also it uses cheap pistol powder for supersonic rounds. And you can buy or load a 220 grain subsonic if you've got a silencer.

Just go all out and buy the aac 9" upper it cost alot but you couldn't build one with all the parts thats on it for the same price so it's actually a deal. That's what I did after I added up everything. And it very high quality.

Just go all out and buy the aac 9" upper it cost alot but you couldn't build one with all the parts thats on it for the same price so it's actually a deal. That's what I did after I added up everything. And it very high quality.

They are nice uppers, I'll give you that..............I still think you can easily do better for $900.00+ on building your own.

The first thing I do with any AR pistol is change out the charging handle to PRIs "gas buster charging handle". If it's a 300 blackout build I use a Noveske barrel, they are simply put the best barrels I've worked with for 300 blackout. The AAC also doesn't come with iron sights, that could easily be another $100 to $200.........

Noveske their great. They won't cycle subs without a silencer. But they are made that way. If you build a upper with their barrel and the cheapest upper and a halfway good BCG and any KAC rail system. Gas block tube and charging handle you'll be very close if not over 950. That's what I got my AAC upper

Noveske their great. They won't cycle subs without a silencer. But they are made that way. If you build a upper with their barrel and the cheapest upper and a halfway good BCG and any KAC rail system. Gas block tube and charging handle you'll be very close if not over 950. That's what I got my AAC upper for

The post so nice I did it twice

PSA is now making .300 blk uppers for $429. But if I would have wanted .300 I would have built one.

Very true!

So what kind of ammo have you run through it? What optic?

haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Hoping to get it out this weekend. Right now I just have a cheap ncstar on it that I had laying around. Saving up for an eotech 512.

Ak Monty-I haven't had any issues running Remington sub 220gr through Noveskes 10", the 8" I admit has been spotty but they let you know that up front. There is no reason to use subs if your not using a silencer though, there are so many better choices to use when running supers. I don't run any rails on the fore end of my AR pistol uppers so I guess I didn't really think of the cost of a KAC, how much is it?

Most recent build parts:

8" 300 blackout barrel (includes gas tube/block)=$350.00

PWS Bolt=$105.00

VLTOR Upper=$160.00

PRI Gas buster charging handle=$85.00

Fore end barrel nut etc.....=$120.00

Yankee hill BUS=$120.00

In the end it's all up to what the end user wants I suppose.

Slostang-I've been running heavys through my 7.5" 5.56 and have received some pretty good results, Wolf gold 75gr. I had to go to the "flaming pig" FH though, the noise and fireball is unreal out of that short of a barrel!

Edit to add: Really nice choice on the optic, I've run a good amount of EOtechs and never had the "battery issue". Easy to co-witness also.

Edited by YARP

Th KAC is like 250 and it's an 8" one that's not available only on the 9" AAC upper. I agree about the noveske barrels and subs. If your loud why not go really loud for the power. And Imy good bury at work just ordered his 7.5" ar upper. It's his first ar so that's why he went with 5.56. I'll talk him into the blk soon though. I like that it's so great put of short barrels. The 9" has as much power as a 14.5" m4. That's awesome and power doesnt really take into account of the extra size of the bullet just the weight.

• 2 months later...

Been doing a little more shooting with the pistol. Much to my suprise it has ran about 1,000 rds of wolf 55gr .223 steel cased with ZERO jams. Probably going to be sending off for the form 1 next month. It needs a slidefire...