Stolen Saiga 12 in Blacksburg, Virginia

This afternoon, my Saiga 12 in a black Allen case was taken out of the back of an Oldsmobile 88 at the Jefferson National forest shooting range. I filed a police report immediately. I have some pictures at home, so I will add one as soon as possible. I'll leave some info here, so if anyone sees a magazine fed shotgun at the range or a store, please take a look at the numbers. I can be reached via this forum, at JAldrich2008@gmail.com, or at (517)927-7432.

Saiga 12 model IZ-109

Serial Number: H08445238

The gun is converted with a Tapco Saw pistol grip and Magpul CTR stock.

It has a removable scope mount with a Millet SP2 red dot scope.

Also in the case were 3x five round magazines and 1x ten round magazine.

I'm not from around here, i'll be heading back to Michigan in a few days. I've seen people on this site talking about the Jefferson range, so hopefully if someone takes it there it will be recognized. If you find anything please let me know or call the police. Thanks again for looking.

Wish you the best in recovering it. A friend of mine had an AR upper and an ibanez guitar stolen out of his car Saturday.... At a GUN STORE!!! He hadn't been inside for 10 minutes. Came back out and they were gone.

Imreally sorry to hear about that man. Good thing you at least wrote down the serial number. Hope you get it back let us know what happens. I cant bellieve someone would steal a gun at a gun range. Dont people know that you probably have a gun on you when youre there?

• Like 1

Imreally sorry to hear about that man. Good thing you at least wrote down the serial number. Hope you get it back let us know what happens. I cant bellieve someone would steal a gun at a gun range. Dont people know that you probably have a gun on you when youre there?

Unfortunately, thieves are thieves first and foremost and take calculated risks given the opportunity. It is more sickening when you discover they infest a hobby like ours though. I guess that's because the vast majority of those who share this interest are great people and we get lulled into a sense of complacency. Maybe we'll get lucky and the scumbag will use it to commit suicide.

• Like 2

Thieves always eventually screw up and get caught, since this dumbass is stealing things like guns, there will be a big price to pay when this person is caught. It is one thing to face a judge for stealing a bike vs. a firearm. Sorry abou your bad luck.

I would suggest to everyone to put a GPS Tracker in your locked gun case when you take one of your firearms out to the range, etc. A decent tracker costs only about $130 - $170 and will be worth it if your firearm gets stolen. It may sound silly suggesting it but i am telling you that you will not regret it if it happens.

Good luck finding your gun man i hope that scum gets caught and gets thrown in jail.

Edited by Corruptz0rz

That totaly sucks. I had my 7.62 saiga stolen out of my truck. So I know the feeling.. Hope you can get it back but chances are even if it turns up the cops probably would not give it back without a leagal battle. Most stolen guns dont make it back to there owners even when reaported and documented. Is ther anyplace to check for guns that have turned up? I hate thiefs. Just learn from it and get a new one.

That totaly sucks. I had my 7.62 saiga stolen out of my truck. So I know the feeling.. Hope you can get it back but chances are even if it turns up the cops probably would not give it back without a leagal battle. Most stolen guns dont make it back to there owners even when reaported and documented. Is ther anyplace to check for guns that have turned up? I hate thiefs. Just learn from it and get a new one.

I don't know what kind of agency would do that or have any reason to do that. OP did you have you serial number written down and provided to the cop? That would greatly help.

Edited by incognito485

I tend to drop a smattering of high caliber empty brass around the sidewalks leading up to my doors......throw some in the flowerbeds by the windows/bushes too....

I guess you could get a bumper sticker that says " I only left my LITTLE gun in the car, do you feel lucky today?"

• Like 2

If you are military or ex-military you can get a firearms policy through USAA. No, it doesn't help on this occasion, but it sure is nice to know that your shit is covered. USAA allows you to insure it for whatever value you want as well...

If mine ever gets lost or stolen, I'll be able to buy a Tromix or Lone Star...

If the AR-15 is ever lost or stolen, I'll be able to replace it with a Noveske...

You get the point.

If my Colt 1911 ever gets lost or stolen, I'll probably be dead, but there will be plenty of contenders dead too!

Edited by Caged
  • Like 1

I don't know what kind of agency would do that or have any reason to do that. OP did you have you serial number written down and provided to the cop? That would greatly help.

Yes, they have the serial and a full description of the gun. I also emailed them a picture.

Sorry to hear that man...thieves are idiots they will definitely try to sell it....keep an eye out....

I used that range weekly from 1996-2000 there were some shady fuks that would hang around there back then I can image what it's like now...

I guarantee you it was a unwashed toothless methhead local...keep your eye out that idiot will try to sell it online....

Don't get me wrong the vast majority of the locals there were good old mouintain folk...but the locals that were bad there are real scum...

Edited by ckrockets
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got a call from the police down in Virginia. Whoever took the gun wised up and ditched it at the range. It was picked up a local who dropped it off at the Blacksburg PD, and that's where it is now. What a relief.

Edited by JoeAldrich
  • Like 14

That's some crazy shit man. What the hell would make them drop it off? Any way it's good to hear you will get your baby back. Maybe they took it to clean it and polish it up...

They probably saw how dirty it was and decided it wasn't worth the trouble. If they touched the inside of the receiver there are sure to be black fingerprints all over the place!

• Like 1