need some help about flash hiders

Hello people,

I'm Saiga-12 owner from Bulgaria. I work in a machine factory where i have equipment i can use to make a flash hider. But i need the dimensions - the diameter of the holes - both the eleptical and the round ones, the height and the width (diameter) of the flash hider. Please measure your hiders and help me make my own one.

Thank you in advance for your help!

When I get home, i'll get some dimensions to you from ordinary flash hiders.

That way you can get the basic concept for ports and angles and just scale it all up.

Thank you very much McUZI. I'll be waiting for your assistance :)

I'm going to make the hider which you can see here: http://www.saiga-12.com/images/Sight_bbl02.gif

Hope you have the same one...or if it is different i'll need the pic too.

Good to have more than one hider measured - so i can compare, this will help me make it more correct. Go people - measure your hiders, i'll highly appreciate your help.

I can try makeing the elevated sight too, but i need to have one for example.

Hmm to produce them i think i'll need a license, but anyways no prob to make one for myself.

OK jujaro here ya go. Please keep me in mind once you start production. The threads are M22x0,75-6g whatever that means. Here is a link to where I got that from. http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_accessories.htm

Also if you decide to make front sights I would like to see some made about one half inch taller than the factory ones which I have also shown a measurement for. Those of us who convert to AK upper and lower handguards need a taller sight system to get over the added height of the upper HG. I really want one of these and I'm sure you could sell some more to others with this type of conversion. We also need a rear sight that will fit in the factory dovetail groove and be adjustable to a higher setting to work with the higher front sight.

post-1293-1125773225_thumb.jpg

Man, you are great, you even made a schematic for me. Thanks alot!

But i just can't understand something - what means OD and ID ?

For example - on the upper side you have written - 48 mm and than for the same dimension it is written below - 23 mm OD ? Please explain it to me ?

Well, produceing weapon's parts and selling them without a license i illegal :(

OD= outside diameter

ID = inside diameter or inside dimension

Illegal, are you sure about that? Some parts are not. Please share where you got that info.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

Yes, i live in Bulgaria and i can't find the flash hider here (even when we have the big Arsenal weapons plant - they do not produce it). And i can't buy it over the internet cause i have no credit card to pay. I decided to try makeing the most common hider cause i thought i can find easily the dimensions...

And... yes i got it! I realised what means id and od in some time thinkin...it was cause my english is kinda bad.

In my country the law prodibit selling weapon parts.

Anyway i'll think about makeing one for Cobra 76 two...maybe i'll send you one.

Maybe it will be cool if you send me the dimesions of the sight too. I need mainly the height between the center of the big hole (where you place the barrel) and the top of the sight.

Thanks again.

jujaro I would very much appreciate that! Do you have a way to thread the inside for factory S-12 threads or would it be a sleeve with a set screw? Threads like the original would be great!

If you could make me a front sight for my custom AKS-12 that would even be better! Here are the measurements for what I need as well as the one you asked for.

If you come through with these I will make it worth your while. I will send you a "gift" in return ;-)

Let me know if I can help with anything else. You can email me at home.

One suggestion, If you do make a front sight could you make it with a hidden set screw on the bottom instead of those gay looking clamp screws on the factory versions? Or even better, you could drill and tap for the set screw straight down through the top where the sight pin goes. If a set screw is too much trouble just leave it out and I can finish that part myself. If the barrel sleeve is nice and snug it would be OK with just some red Locktite threadlocker.

The bottom picture is a Bulgarian AK74 front sight.. this is the look and size I'm after.

Note: The 19mm dimension (barrel center to top of "wings") is the same for both.

Thanks Bro! :up:

post-1293-1125935048_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1125935095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobra 76 two

The thread i can turn using a CPU lathe.

Hmm.. i'm not sure i can make the front sight only by using pictures, it needs to be made very sharply...it needs to be measured not just by a ruler, but using instruments like micrometers.

I'll try to make one flash hider for you, and i will send it to you there (btw where do you live?) Then when you have a reson to believe me - maybe you can send me one ordinary elevated front sight to use it like a model, you will tell me what dimension you want me to change and then i'll make one sight for you. I'll send it to you and if you like it - i'll keep the model you send me - if you think it is not working or it is not good - then i'll return you the factory made one and you will keep both - the factory one and the one i made. Tell me what do you think about it ?

My e-mail is delchev@abv.bg