walmart sucks ass. i shop elsewhere for my goods.

When I can get federal 9mm for 9.67 a box of 50 when it's that plus shipping online. Kinda force myself too

ammo prices are good, if they got what you want i can see that, but id rather give my money to an actual gun store. even if i have to pay more, id rather help the little guy. but for those that want to shop there then go for it. i wont try to sway you otherwise.

my county now has two of them big super fucks and since they became operational, ive literally watched several small businesses go under, that sold better quality products than walmart prolly ever will. they undercut everyone on everything, and buy so much shit at a time, they can sell it for next to nothing and still turn a profit. my bottom line is that no matter how great their prices may be on certain items, i still wont give them my business, especially when 90% of the stores shit is made in china fuckin junk.

the last time i shopped there i watched a boy get fired when he was pulling a pallet with a jack that was 3 times his size filled with dog food. he had his back to the isle he was trying to get going down and some dumbass on a cell phone wasnt paying attention and they had a collision. the cell phone panzy made a big fuss and the boy apologized but the manager on duty that night fired him. that was three years ago. havent been in one since.

• Like 2

They really are a terrible company to work for. They expect the world from their "associates" and treat them like dog shit. I don't like shopping there but it's pretty much our only option around here, that's close at least. Gun store want $18 for a box of 9mm I can get at Walmart for $10. Nobody can beat their pistol and shotgun ammo prices. Rifle ammo I order online cheaper. As far as clothing items... I buy online. Groceries... JayC is where I try to shop.

• Like 1

ammo prices are good, if they got what you want i can see that, but id rather give my money to an actual gun store. even if i have to pay more, id rather help the little guy. but for those that want to shop there then go for it. i wont try to sway you otherwise.

my county now has two of them big super fucks and since they became operational, ive literally watched several small businesses go under,

I'd rather give my money to a smaller well-run operation, too. But where I am, a lot of the individual gun shops stink -- they're slower than the DMV, anything worth buying is a special order without ETA, they charge $50+ for transfers, and their markup on non-firearms is insane -- kinda like gunshows, it's like they're oblivious to the internet. Not to mention the bullshit opinions and sales advice that a lot of the counter guys have. I have to buy my ammo online or at Walmart, and any new firearm is purchased online and arriving through the FFL who works from home and charges $25.

Walmart ruins lives, but I can't put up with the runaround at most gunshops and pay a higher price for it. Until that's fixed, I'll go to WalMart and pay $5 per box for Tula 5.56 rather than pay $8 at JimBob's while hearing an earful from the guy who thinks a Saiga is a mispronunciation of Sig Sauer.

• Like 1

my county now has two of them big super fucks and since they became operational, ive literally watched several small businesses go under,

I'd rather give my money to a smaller well-run operation, too. But where I am, a lot of the individual gun shops stink -- they're slower than the DMV, anything worth buying is a special order without ETA, they charge $50+ for transfers, and their markup on non-firearms is insane -- kinda like gunshows, it's like they're oblivious to the internet. Not to mention the bullshit opinions and sales advice that a lot of the counter guys have. I have to buy my ammo online or at Walmart, and any new firearm is purchased online and arriving through the FFL who works from home and charges $25.

Walmart ruins lives, but I can't put up with the runaround at most gunshops and pay a higher price for it. Until that's fixed, I'll go to WalMart and pay $5 per box for Tula 5.56 rather than pay $8 at JimBob's while hearing an earful from the guy who thinks a Saiga is a mispronunciation of Sig Sauer.

yeah 50 bucks for a transfer is kinda shitty. mine charges 20 bucks flat plus nics. my local ffl has a pretty decent stock of ammo, and its not terribly overpriced, a bit higher than walmart, but not by much. but i just buy online if i cant find it at his shop. and to be honest, i may consider walmart too if my shops were filled with some of the asshats that i hear some of you guys speak of. sometimes the drama of the local shops is enough to make some turn away. im glad and lucky that i dont have that problem here. and i dont blame you for doing what you do, id do the same too if i had the same issues.

I always feel like I'm trying to get cigarettes from behind the register when I get ammo from Walmart. Mine keeps the ammunition behind the sporting goods counter as well, in a glass case underneath the rifles.

"I need to Tulammo 7.26 by 39."

"Which one is that?"

"Second shelf from the bottom on the right. *points*"

"*searchsearchsearch*"

"Keep going, over more to the right..."

• Like 4

I once stopped at a Walmart for some .22lr ... I had no problem with the fact they lock it up, but I'm there at 9:30PM making some last minute purchases for the next morning... it took them 30 minutes to find someone who had the key, at which point they told me they can't make sales of ammunition after 10. Big retailers inevitably fail because of that kind of stupidity.

It's not walmart's falt ,you guy's are putting the blame on the wrong people. I live south of Pittsburgh in Washington Co and my local walmart has always had it's ammo lock, Shotgun bulk on shelf. Now as I go to closer to Pittsburgh barly any ammo in the locked shelf. Now as I go south to Morgantown WV walmart they have alot of ammo on the shelf and also they have bag's of shot,powder,wad's,reloader's on the shelf.Never seen this in a PA walmart. Walmart is pressured by the people that live and shop in that area and walmart doesn't want to fight with them. Walmart hate's dealing with anti anything it cost them alot of money each year to fight brain dead people every year. Retailer's want to sell you anything they can.

• Like 1

Walmart is pressured by the people that live and shop in that area and walmart doesn't want to fight with them. Walmart hate's dealing with anti anything it cost them alot of money each year to fight brain dead people every year. Retailer's want to sell you anything they can.

This is important to keep in mind. I live in an urban setting with a lot of poverty. If it weren't locked, ammo would be stolen. If it's not restricted to sales before dark or whatever time, people would buy ammo right before night-time shootings. It doesn't stop those things from happening, but it slows it down a little bit.

Walmart always seems to be the whipping boy. I'm not defending Wallyworld, but folks don't seem to have an issue purchasing items on the Internet which his displaced tons of merchants as well. Also, I try and shop Academy whenever I can as they have pretty decent prices on guns and ammo.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

I refuse to shop for my sporting goods at Walmart. I go to the Academy near me where they have everything i need. This Academy has pretty much any type of ammo like SP, HP, FMJ, etc. They also carry the important stuff like Federal 12ga. Bulk, 7.62x39, and 7.62x54r.

When I can get federal 9mm for 9.67 a box of 50 when it's that plus shipping online. Kinda force myself too

my county now has two of them big super fucks and since they became operational, ive literally watched several small businesses go under, that sold better quality products than walmart prolly ever will. they undercut everyone on everything, and buy so much shit at a time, they can sell it for next to nothing and still turn a profit. my bottom line is that no matter how great their prices may be on certain items, i still wont give them my business, especially when 90% of the stores shit is made in china fuckin junk.

the last time i shopped there i watched a boy get fired when he was pulling a pallet with a jack that was 3 times his size filled with dog food. he had his back to the isle he was trying to get going down and some dumbass on a cell phone wasnt paying attention and they had a collision. the cell phone panzy made a big fuss and the boy apologized but the manager on duty that night fired him. that was three years ago. havent been in one since.

IIRC, Walmart is the second largest buyer of ammo in the US. If they stopped, the moaning would turn into full blown crying.

From my observations, businesses seem to pop up and thrive near Walmarts here.

IIRC, Walmart is the second largest buyer of ammo in the US. If they stopped, the moaning would turn into full blown crying.

From my observations, businesses seem to pop up and thrive near Walmarts here.

well that may be true, but the ones around here the last i checked only had shitty ammo to choose from anyways. ive never seen good self defense loads for sale there or loads i would actually want for any other purpose other than practice. (but i havent been a long time). and when i was going there, a lot of the selection depended on the stores. some kept a bigger selection, but not many.