Molot Muzzle brake

This muzzle brake is very effective.

even without visible difference - your shoulder will tell you the difference - after shooting 100 1400fps slugs, I had no soreness of any kind. The blowback is very significant, but when you shoot buck or slugs fast - you have 0 muzzle rise

That video went on the favorites list. I am a bit jealous of that kid.

Effective brakes and recoil pads may not be substitutes for good technique but they are certainly worthwhile supplements.

• Like 1

The brake is steel with a black oxide coating. The front 3 chambers all have vertical walls. I would love to have an original in my hands to compare size/features/effectiveness. I also left off the 3 slots on the right side of the brake. I don't notice the gun wanting to move to the right when I shoot anyway. I'm working on a version that accepts the flush mount Winchokes. That one should be longer than the one pictured by the length of the choke.

I believe the straight cut vertical walls on the internals is what he's talking about, without haveing them sitting at a slope its less effective at countering muzzle flip.....it may well reduce percieved recoil better than the molot because of it, but you'll still end up with more flip because your not venting the gas in a mannor that offsets the natural tendency to flip the muzzle from the start.....

however, I'm just guessing thats what he means, I'm no expert at anything but being a pain in the ass usually

I've built a lot of brakes for pistols and rifles over the years, but I am new to shotgun brake design. The volume of gas just isn't there based on the bore size of a shotgun/powder charge as compared to a bottleneck rifle cartridge. I'm just trying different things based on what I've done in the past to most efficiently use the gas thats available. If the Molot has angled front walls, then I will give that a try on my Winchoke version.

• 2 weeks later...