From this site

I am getting -16 parts

http://thegunwiki.co...erifyCompliance

I heard it was 14 only??

I know mine doesnt have threaded barrel so I removed that, now 15.

and I unchecked these guys the trigger set/pg/buttstock. Now it says I am 10 - COMPLIANT

Thats all there is to doing this? and 30 mag/75 drum mags are legal us or non us won't change anything? can I use my factory magazine again?

I got really confused on the pistol grip because I was reading through threads and I couldn't find anything on that.

5 parts I bought and added, Tapco trigger set(from what I understand it counts = 3) US made buttstock (1) and US made pistol grip (1)

The pistol grip does count as a part correct? like the trigger set? I was getting lost on people saying nothing on it etc..

some reason copy/paste not working

Edited by saiga47

Saigas dont have pistol grips to start with. 15 parts. neither do they have threaded muzzles. 14 parts. A US butt stock and US FCG is 4 US parts. 14 foreign parts - 4 US parts = 10 foreign parts and the goal of compliance.

Saigas dont have pistol grips to start with. 15 parts. neither do they have threaded muzzles. 14 parts. A US butt stock and US FCG is 4 US parts. 14 foreign parts - 4 US parts = 10 foreign parts and the goal of compliance.

So I am compliant then? adding a pistol grip doesn't add -1 points to myself? say I have 10 and -1 = 11?

You're using a US made pistol grip, right? It essentially cancels itself off the list then. If it was a foreign made pistol grip, then you would have to lose another foreign part somewhere, to get your count right.

I dont know if you're compliant or not. How does your parts count add up?

Its all about eliminating foreign parts, not adding US parts.

Edited by Mullet Man

You're using a US made pistol grip, right? It essentially cancels itself off the list then. If it was a foreign made pistol grip, then you would have to lose another foreign part somewhere, to get your count right.

I dont know if you're compliant or not. How does your parts count add up?

Its all about eliminating foreign parts, not adding US parts.

Oh I see, so it starts with 14 parts. So there is no PISTOL grip. so it really doesn't matter unless its not us made. Adding a pistol grip to the gun = illegal/doesn't count as parts unless its not us made so just add 4 parts(you need 5 total which include the pg)

Factory Sagia no threads 14

US STOCK (1)

US TAPCO SET (3)

=10

+ US PG = 10 compliant.

Now if I had a NON US PG it would put me to 11 = not compliant.

Now its fine to still use magazines not us made and if I used us made mags it would put me 7 compliant parts )10 or fewer( which doesn't matter I am already under 10.

Edited by saiga47
  • Like 1

You are on the path to enlightenment my son. :)

14 parts is specific to a Saiga rifle. Other AK variants would have the pistol grip, counting 15 parts right off the top but the idea is the same.

A pistol grip matters in that it is one of three parts that can trigger the need to follow the 922r law.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget to count the Magazine.

Buy US made magazine (example: ak47 tapco magazine - counts as 3 part for 922r).

If you have surplus or stock magazine, replace the follower & plate with us parts. Then the surplus magazine after replacing with US parts counts as 2 parts for 922r.

But it's much better to be compliant without using magazines. Means you can run anything, drums, 10rd lowcap for hunting, no matter where you source the mags from.

Besides, who *isn't* replacing trigger and buttstock? (Yeah, all the guys that don't live in free states...)