• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

purchased mine form jgsales aes10b/side folder. another awesome ak variant, so much fun to shoot with the bipod. finally got a rpk wood stock set for mine pictured with my romy m10

LOVE my AES 10B.... Modified the shit out of it.... you prolly don't want to know how much coinage I have in this thing but she's a beast....pure beast          

yes i think you should pick one up ASAP, seems to be gettin harder to find....or is it just me. finally got a nice complete laminated stock set for my rpk, actually took some elbow grease to get it

Posted Images

How do you like the WASR Drag-style stock on the AES-10B? I thought about buying one just in case they disappear.

As for why we haven't heard much AES-10B talk lately, well... They're gone, that's why. So be glad that you got one. In the future, others will probably be amazed that at some point we could buy a factory semi-auto RPK LMG over the internet.

How do you like the WASR Drag-style stock on the AES-10B? I thought about buying one just in case they disappear.

It's not bad but the grip seems too short. Looks like I am missing some kind of cap on the bottom of it though. Cheek weld is better using the scope. Still going to try the PKM stock.

Someone on AKFiles claims that Fleet Farm (upper midwest chain) has had them on the racks for $500 for months. Nobody wants to buy them there for some reason - in some places where AKs are not popular, many people don't know what they are, other than "that's heavy, don't want it." I guess you're out of luck where you're at.

Edited by mancat

Yep, I do. Still stock except the compensator. I swapped the angled for a Tapco RPK knock off. It looks better than the slant IMHO

Oh, and Fleet Farm has them at $569, but not many!

Edited by Fluid Power
  • 1 year later...

Well lets dig this out from the mothballs, lol.

Here's some pics of my Bullpupped RPK build. Got it zeroed and co-witnessed with BUIS, as well as functioned checked a new trigger connection yesterday. Ran great. It's heavy, about 15lbs fully equiped. 11lbs stripped. But the balance is amazing. Can aim and fire one handed, lol. Thought about redoing it in plastic but I doubt I'd gain much. It weighed 11lbs when I got it.

post-15573-0-13665300-1391409041_thumb.jpg

post-15573-0-35564500-1391409081_thumb.jpg

post-15573-0-18541400-1391409111_thumb.jpg

Edited by BpS12

Personally, the carry handle is a useful feature and the optics rail is a bonus. I had my POSP before the AES-10B so I bought the rifle to put together a more accurate "area denial weapon" as I refer to it as it isn't a Sniper or even a DM rifle.

Personally, the carry handle is a useful feature and the optics rail is a bonus. I had my POSP before the AES-10B so I bought the rifle to put together a more accurate "area denial weapon" as I refer to it as it isn't a Sniper or even a DM rifle.

I hear you. I would prefer both of those options as well. I'll keep looking. Should have pulled the trigger 2 years ago. Sorry to hijack the thread BpS12. Nice job on the bullpup.

No prob Spacehog. Keep in mind that the Yugos are non-chrome lined and those that have them seem happy. As long as its an actual RPK receiver the chrome is gravy. But I do like gravy, lol.

MT, "Area Denial Weapon" or ADW. I like that.

MT, "Area Denial Weapon" or ADW. I like that.

Yeah, it may not be a surgical rifle but with good glass on it, it sure does extend the capability to hit minute of man at greater distances.  I would not part with it!

• Like 2

Pics dude, pics. That's what this threads for. So we can drool over the coolness, lol.

Ya, it was tough to bring myself to do it. But I'm glad I did. The Tobuk looked cool and was fun to shoot, but this is like ten times more so for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What was the general purpose of this particular weapon?  In its military form it was a light machine gun ie...a squad support weapon correct?  Other then the coolness factor, which it does look cool, I don't see a purpose for it in a semi automatic set up.  Maybe its just me, but you could get far more mileage out of a standard AK than out of a single shot light machine gun.  Not knocking it at all, just curious what the draw is.  

Correct, the RPK was designed to serve the same role as the SAW - a light MG carried by a squad member, using the same ammunition as the std. issue rifles carried by that squad.

In my case the AES-10B is very accurate out to longer ranges, more so than the typical 7.62x39 rifle, and POI doesn't seem to change over extended firing periods. This makes the RPK a great rifle to let the 7.62x39 stretch its legs a bit more than it can with the standard light 16" barrel.

The RPK is also simply fun to shoot, even without doing mag dumps. I have not done a single dump with mine since I bought it, but shoot for accuracy instead. A couple of times, if I try my best, it has grouped very close to 2"-3" at 200yd with steel case ammo and a 4x scope, even with the barrel hot. I still have been meaning to try some Yugo M67 or handloads to see what sort of precision can be achieved with something other than cheap steel case.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

I am still waiting for Classic to ship mine. Been a week, but patience is a virtue. I will post a review on this thread, just to inform everyone whether the latest batch lives up to the stellar reviews of the batches from 2 years ago. Hoping it will.

Edited by Spacehog

Then at this point as long as your happy and enjoying yourself not much else matters.  I don't know if I would like one, much like semi auto SMG's, but if they are that accurate then I suppose you could trick one out to play a long range support role?

They are indeed imported initially with single-stack mag wells, but Century has been doing them via CNC mill for quite a few years now. Mine does not have any sort of excessive mag wobble, and the mag well is cut cleanly.

Not only that, but when milled out, the magwell is the same as it is on almost all current production military RPKs.. Mag well dimples were eliminated from most RPK variants many years ago - dropped from RPK production in late model years (including Romania), and were never present on RPK-74 variants.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1