First gun  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still own the first firearm you ever shot?

• Yes
    • No

What was the first gun you ever owned/shot?

How old were you?

Do you still own it?

I still own my Stevens 66b Buckhorn .22 bolt action (circa 1928). Got it for Christmas when I was eight years old, 30 years ago.

Edited by armory
  • Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

J.Steven/Springfield #15 Favorite. I was 4 or 5 years old and my Dad had me shooting at the primers of used 12 ga. shells at about 10 yards. I hit the first one with the first shot. He gave me the gun

My first gun I shot I was around 5 years old and the gun was an old Remington model 33 that belonged to my grandfather. After he passed my father had it and gave it to me on my 12th birthday. I still

What was the first gun you ever owned/shot? How old were you? Do you still own it?   I still own my Stevens 66b Buckhorn .22 bolt action (circa 1928). Got it for Christmas when I was eight years o

Posted Images

First gun I ever shot was the hand me down browning grade 5 from belgium 1940ish. My dad recently gave it to. I'll have it forever and would like to get it refinshed sometime. The first gun I owned was a SA-85m with bunghole stock got it when I was 18. Around 10 years ago bought it for 275 sold it a few years later for 525 wish I never had.

I can't recall the first firearm I ever fired, but the first I owned was a WASR-10 purchased at the age of 18. My first handgun was a Glock 19, purchased on my 21st birthday. I still own both, and will not part with either.

14 years old

Erma werke .22 luger

sold it when it broke

Not a big loss, man - those things are MADE broken. I've gotten mine to cycle an entire magazine jam-free exactly once.

First ever was some random pump action 12G. Think it was a Mossberg. Bought it while skipping class in highschool circa 1998. $200 at Dicks. Sold it about a month later for a M38 with a ton of ammo. Sadly the M38 died due to severe and sudden cancer that spread everywhere. Wish I knew about corrosive ammo back then. :(

J.Steven/Springfield #15 Favorite. I was 4 or 5 years old and my Dad had me shooting at the primers of used 12 ga. shells at about 10 yards. I hit the first one with the first shot. He gave me the gun that day.

Springfield1502.jpg

Edited by Yeoldetool
  • Like 2

Maveric M88 12ga Bullpup, never actually seen one other than the one I owned... loved that 12

used to have alot of neat stuff... the one i miss the most was a little 9mm carbine, looked almost exactly like a tec9 with a side folding stock and a 16 inch barrel that unscrewed out the reciever, no MFG markings on it at all, seriel number was 003, no idea what it was but it was FAR above Tec9 quality... bought it at a gun show from another guy that got it in trade, neither one of us knew what it was, who made it, or anything much at all about it... I gave 250.00 for it cause that was the going rate of a tec9 at the time and i think he actually thought this was one modified and slightly used... I owned tec9s and knew better.

no idea what it really was, and I traded it for a bullpuped Oly 223 a few years later but always wished i had kept it. kinda wish I still had that factory bullpuped Oly too... traded it for a calico9 which come to find out was bursting due to being shot out... put it in the smith shop... never picked it back up, HE traded me out of it for a colt target match AR15..../ponder

My 1st gun was a Daisy lever action bb gun. I wore that thing out. I remember doing chores for what seemed like forever to "earn" it.

That was about forty years ago.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

The first gun I ever shot was not mine... so I do not OWN that... couldnt even tell ya what it was... pellet gun or bb gun, back when I could pull a trigger... probably when I was 5... the first gun I ever OWNED... I had to have a friend buy for me because I wasn't 16 yet... and you had to be 16 in penn to buy a rifle. that was back in '85 i think. I used my own money I earned working at my first job at Mcdonalds to purchase it.

It was a good old Ruger 10/22. Of course I still have it... all tricked out... just like it was when I was 16 and put all the GOODIES on it... :) If I had to sell every gun I owned BUT ONE... that would be the one I kept!

still shoots as good as ever... has had untold tens of thousands of rounds through it... its a little scratched and scuffed up but its still my baby... spends more time in the safe nowadays... but I break it out now and then and make sure its still running like it always has!!!

:smoke:

The first gun I ever shot was my dad's S&W .38 service revolver, when he worked for the Federal Protective Service back in the 70's. I was about 6 then. The first gun I shot/owned was a Springfield XD9 I bought back in '07. I sold it to buy my Saiga x39 a year later.

First rifle I shot was my Grandfathers .22 rifle, so it wasn't MY gun, but it now belongs to my Uncle, and I can still shoot it. Not sure where that falls in the catagories in the question.

As far as the first gun I bought, myself, a Walther PPK/S in .380. I sold that pistol to get my first REAL handgun, a Dan Wesson .44mag.

First gun was my lever action Marlin .22. Still have it 23 years later and will never sell it. First shotgun, 20 ga American Arms over and under. Still got that too. First pistol, a .22 S&W which I bought on my 21st birthday, rather than getting trashed off my ass like all of my friends did on their 21st. Still got that too. First AK type was a MAK-91 and first AR a bushmaster varmint rifle. Sold them both. unhappy.gif

I think a lot of us are in the same boat...first one ever shot, well, I don't remember cause I was just 4 or 5, but, MY very first gun, that's a different story! Christmas, circa 1970 It was a Remington 550-1 22. Shoots shorts, longs, and LR. Still got it, always will! I had turned twelve just 11 days before. Funny, my dad just got through rebuilding it for me late last year....replaced the firing pin and a spring. So many rounds through it, that it warped the firing pin.

Rifle saved my life from a pack of feral dogs the first year I had it.

• Like 1

First gun I ever shot/owned was a Norinco SKS I purchased with my first paycheck. $49.99+tax from a local pawn shop, and ordered 5K of Chinese steel core from Centerfiresystems for $60+ride. Got married, and traded it for a '77 Chevy Chevette with 50K original miles when my other car died a horrible death. Took a few Alabama Whitetails with that rifle. Found out later the guy I traded with tried to "bubba-fy" it, and broke it. I did find another one back in 2008 for $160 OTD, but traded it to my cousin last year for a custom 5.56 upper build. His wife enjoys shooting it just as much as my wife did.

• Like 1

First I owned is a Marlin bolt-.22... still have it, don't air it out too much lately with my selection of other toys.

First shot was either a S&W .44 mag or some type of bolt-.30-06... what fucking parent does that to a 6 year old?!?

My first gun I shot I was around 5 years old and the gun was an old Remington model 33 that belonged to my grandfather. After he passed my father had it and gave it to me on my 12th birthday. I still have this gun and plan to pass it down to my kids.

post-6703-0-38620900-1331498755_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

My first gun I shot I was around 5 years old and the gun was an old Remington model 33 that belonged to my grandfather. After he passed my father had it and gave it to me on my 12th birthday. I still have this gun and plan to pass it down to my kids.

post-6703-0-38620900-1331498755_thumb.jpg

Thats cool!

What is that, about a 4ft barrel?big_smile.gif

Edited by Mullet Man