First gun  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still own the first firearm you ever shot?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

J.Steven/Springfield #15 Favorite. I was 4 or 5 years old and my Dad had me shooting at the primers of used 12 ga. shells at about 10 yards. I hit the first one with the first shot. He gave me the gun

My first gun I shot I was around 5 years old and the gun was an old Remington model 33 that belonged to my grandfather. After he passed my father had it and gave it to me on my 12th birthday. I still

What was the first gun you ever owned/shot? How old were you? Do you still own it?   I still own my Stevens 66b Buckhorn .22 bolt action (circa 1928). Got it for Christmas when I was eight years o

Posted Images

My first gun i fired was my .243 that used to scare the pee-pee out of me when i shot it, but i was only 10 then. It's also the same rifle i bagged my first buck with at 70 yards. I still have the antlers, empty casing, and rifle. I have been thinking about completely re-bluing and refinishing it from head to toe.

Remington 514 single shot 22, stock with a brass butt plated put on and the barrel cut and taper turned to fit my 9 year old self about 50 years ago. Don't have the gun passed in on to my sister's son so it's still around.

Iirc, the first gun I ever shot(other than the Lever action Winchester style BBgun I got for Christmas when I was 6) was my Moms single shot .22lr. The first gun I owned was a tube fed 22lr, don't recall the brand. Traded it for a WWII issue Japanese bolt action 6.5mil. carbine which got traded for an M1 carbine. That last is the one I miss, since I traded it for the S&W .357 that I still have but should sell. The S12 is the first shotty I've owned.

The first one I shot was a Winchester tube fed semi-auto .22lr. Maybe five or six years old. Not sure of the model but Dad still has it. The first one I hunted with but didn't buy was a bolt action single shot .410, JC Higgins maybe. Dad got rid of it after I graduated to a 12 gauge. The first one I bought was a Mossy 500. Delivered a shit ton of newspapers to buy it and still have it.

I think the first gun I ever shot was my cousin's .22 rifle. The first gun I ever owned was an H&R single shot 12 ga when I was probably 14. The forearm broke off of it on about the fourth shot fired, so I returned it to WalMart and got an FIE single shot 12 ga. All my guns were stolen in a burglary my senior year in high school including a brand new 870 Wingmaster and the guns I had inherited from my grandfather. There is nothing worse than a thief.

God, first gun I ever shot? All I remember about it was that it was some sort of tube fed .22rifle that my dad used to own. The first handgun I ever shot was a S&W model 10 in .38 special, and he still owns that.

My very first gun purchase was a brand new Ruger P95 I bought shortly after turning 21 in 1996. I ended up selling it to another deputy from my old department about 2 years later. I wish I still had it, it was a great first gun. I kept it loaded with Hydrashoks, but damned if I can remember the grains.

Now my daughter, she got to "shoot" her first gun when she was 3. A S&W M&P 15-22 that I held while she got to pull the trigger a couple of times. She looked so cute with her glasses and earmuffs on, and I still have the pictures of her from that day saved to my computer. The gun was stolen earlier this year, but the memory will last me forever.

• 1 month later...

The first gun I ever owned was a Harrington & Richardson "Topper" 410 Single Shot. I got it for Christmas, I think I was 12 or 13. The first I ever shot was my father's Marlin "Golden" 22 lever action.

Edited by Squishy

The first gun I ever shot was a .22 bolt action at scout camp. I think the first gun I ever owned was a Hi-Point carbine. I sold that gun, but I reacquired one a few years ago. My first moderately expensive gun was an Armalite AR-180B. I sold that one too but recently bought one on GunBroker. Now I'm just waiting for it to get here!

First "gun" I owned and shot was a Daisy Golden Eagle BB gun. Birthday present when I was 10.

First firearm I shot was a pump .410 (870 I think)

First firearm I owned was a Marlin Model 60. I gave it to my little brother when I joined the Corps.

I am not 100% certain that it was the very first firearm I shot, but it was certainly one of them and it may well have been the actual first.

It was definitely the gun I grew up on. Stainless AMT Lightning: Licenced cheaper 10/22 clone with all stainless guts, receiver, better trigger, integrated scope rail, extended release, and side folder. Probably made in the 70s I remember seeing it by the stairs when I was two, and I know it was stolen by a neighbor when I was about 1. It basically had all the features 30 years ago that ruger has finally caved and includes on their new models. The barrel probably isn't as good, but everything else is better.

It served until 2004 on a boat, and the main spring and firing pin were worn out. I took it home to service and dad gave it to me. I figured the barrel could do for replacement and unfired and low miles takeoff ruger barrels were ~$16 on ebay at the time... So I got a heavy kimber stainless fluted barrel and a fajen adjustable stock to go with the new firing pin and spring. exactly the sort of .22 I always thought was absurd.Still runs great.

Mine is a Mossberg 500a Defender. I will not be getting rid of it, its just too damn reliable and will go bang every time, perfect for home protection.

337632d1331317386-mossberg-500-defender-tactical-shotgun-mossberg_500_tactical___39742_zoom.jpg

The only difference is mine has a sling.

I was 20 when I purchased it.

Not sure what my first gun that I shot was...Im guessing a 10/22 ruger. But my first gun in my ownership happened only 1.5 years ago with a wedding gift from my best man. A XDm .45. Awesome gun! He got it for me for large hairy quadruped protection when my wife and I are on the 4 wheeler. After that, the wife wanted her own. She got an xd .40 subcompact...then not long after a Savage .17hmr. Beatiful gun. Then a ruger SR 22 pistol....then my saiga 12 after seeing one at the range not long ago. And now my wife wants her own SR 22 pistol.

So does this gun addiction calm down or go away at all?

So does this gun addiction calm down or go away at all?

On average, about 30 years after your sex drive is completely gone.

Most of the guys I grew up with and I have a compact that we will all pitch in and buy a gun if any one of us gets married. We've bought at least 7 wedding guns so far.(No shotguns either) Plus a sword, and some frustrating contracts for custom gun leather. One more reason I need to get a bride soon, and not just so that I spend less time here.

• 8 months later...

the first gun i owned was a benjamin sheradin pellet gun that i got when i was eight which i still have I wasn't allowed a 22 until i was twelve and that gun is a marlin model 25n which i still have.I recently put a scope on it but for the last 16 years i owned it i only shot open sites my dad always said open sites first then scope i tend to agree.

post-44196-0-65363000-1358742718_thumb.jpg

First gun I shot was some sort of .22 I have no idea what it was.

First I had of my own was a norinco b1 177 air rifle for my 8th birthday- I wore it out and my mum used the barrel for a tomato stake

First powder burner was another norinco,a jw15a .22 that I sold about ten years ago and have regretted ever since

First gun I ever shot was my Dads's old single shot Stevens 12 gauge. He taught me how to use it, though I started off with BB guns. And my first hunting trip with him was using that gun. I inherited it when he passed and still own it.

First gun I ever bought was a Astra 400 pistol, which I still own too. And now in a TEOTWAWKI scenario, the ability of that Astra 400 to use more than one specific cartridge makes it a game changer to me! 022.gif

The first gun I ever shot, at age 8, was my father's 1911A1 made by The Singer Corporation. You know, the company that makes sewing machines.

Back in WW II, the government was giving out contracts to make the 1911A1. Singer was one of those company's.

Back in 1955, dad, a Korean War USMC vet, got it in a trade from an Air Force guy, for a .38 Special. Good trade. smile.png

I don't have it now, because it's currently in my mom's possession. I'll inherit it one day. I'm the only gun nut in the family.

Anyway, she likes the idea of having a .45ACP around the house. Who could blame her? I have it loaded with Winchester Ranger T-series 230 gr. JHP's. If she ever needs to shoot someone, I wanted to make sure her first shot counted. I sleep easy knowing she has it and knows how to use it.

She lives out in the friggin' forest in the middle of nowhere.

OH! And, the first gun I ever bought was from a Marine Corps buddy. It was a Ruger Single Six in .41 Magnum, w/6" barrel. That gun was stolen from me four years later after I got out of the USMC.

Edited by John U.

my first gun was a Ruger 10/22 that I got for making the Honor roll my freshman year in high school 37 years ago! It now has a fluted bull barrel a 12X scope, and is glass bedded into the stock.

The first gun I ever shot was my old man's 1911...I was 5. My Dad and his buddies were shooting cans off the back porch and they dropped a couple rounds under the porch...they told my brother and I if we found them we could shoot them..032.gif

The old man gave me my first gun a few months later it was a stevens westpoint model 948E youth chambered in .410. I hunted with it till I shoveled enough shit, literally, to buy my 870..it was a K-mart blue light special $199, $212 OTD. Still have it,the box, and receipt. The stevens is still used for backyard critter control.