First gun  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still own the first firearm you ever shot?

• Yes
    • No

My first gun is a Ranger 22 S-L-LR M34 (aka Marlin 65) purchased by my Grandfather somewhere between 1935-1937. It needs restoration work so I have never shot it, thought it seems like it would. I obtained it when I was 12.

The first gun I ever shot was Ruger 22/45, which I later bought from the owner and still have. I was a late bloomer coming from a household that never had guns, so I was in my 20s when that happened. I never looked back after that! :)

So yeah, I own the first I ever owned still and the first I ever shot. Unless I come on some seriously hard time, I never plan to sell any of my guns.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

J.Steven/Springfield #15 Favorite. I was 4 or 5 years old and my Dad had me shooting at the primers of used 12 ga. shells at about 10 yards. I hit the first one with the first shot. He gave me the gun

My first gun I shot I was around 5 years old and the gun was an old Remington model 33 that belonged to my grandfather. After he passed my father had it and gave it to me on my 12th birthday. I still

What was the first gun you ever owned/shot? How old were you? Do you still own it?   I still own my Stevens 66b Buckhorn .22 bolt action (circa 1928). Got it for Christmas when I was eight years o

Posted Images

First shot, I believe, was a 410 single shot break open. I think it's a Stevens - can't find a mfg name. Have it still. First owned was a .22 tube fed Winchester model 290. Think I was around 11 or 12 when I got it for a birthday gift from dad. Still have it. Looks brand new. I have a break open single shot .22 that my grandpa once owned. He was from a small town of around 300 people, and had a mechanical pencil. Another kid wanted the pencil and traded him his .22 for it. Grandpa used to carry it to school and back and shoot rabbit and stuff for food/dinner while he was walking home. Looks like a little kid .22, and it is, I guess.

• Like 1