need help around oakland, oregon

im having trouble getting my s-12 to cycle low brass. i bought the tac plug and still nothing. talking to the ppl in the chat i need the ports bigger. i don't know much about these guns, so would like some help thanks. if anyone in the area can help, please post some ideas

I polished the underside of mine with a orbital sander and hand sanding with 400 and 600 grit sandpaper on the rails. a dremel helps with profileing the rough edges on the bolt. I live in glide if you want to go shooting some day.

hey right on, i guess ill try to get a dremel. it also looks like 2 of the 3 holes are slightly covered but i still can poke with paperclip. be awesome to go shooting if i can get this thing to work right

thanks for the info

Edited by thopkins
  • 2 weeks later...

good to know, i got the carrier and bolt polished and rails smoothed out, not sure if its gonna cycle the light stuff or not. waiting for a nice day to try it out, would be sweet to get together lay some rounds out and bs.

• 2 months later...

Before I even shot my Saiga-12 I took it straight to the gunsmith and had the gas ports and gas block enlarged, bolt and trigger polished, replaced the gas piston with a performance Puc and then added the TAC-47 auto plug. I've had 0 fail to ejects. With 2 out of 3 ports obstructed that could be the issue.