Anyone have an opinion? AIM Sports MK005T

http://www.sportsman...&utm_medium=cse

Has anyone used one of these?

Do they keep zero?

I have a Saiga 100 in a .308 and I think this should fit,and since I cant seem to get a side mount to fit like I want I was looking at this route.

I've also seen a similar mount for the Super Veper but can't seem to find anything.

and the Texas weapons systems dogleg scope rail.(<== seems to me to be best quality)

I don't own, but my opinion is anything that removes my option to use irons isn't worthwhile. Just a quick search on kalinka (http://kalinkaoptics...ak-1-2-slr.html) gives many more options for a rail-mounted picatinny which will allow you to also use irons when required, for just slightly more $$. Thatd be my choice

Mine cracked at the rear screw hole. The hole is for a round head screw and the stock screw is tapered. Didnt notice it until it cracked. The riser is so you can adjust the length to fit different rifles. I also bought the fixed one but it wont fit on 5 different rifles. Too long and cant be changed easily. Nice idea but the rear screw hole needs work. You could probably make an adapter but I would get something else.

It looks like the Beryl-style scope mount DPH sells but with a goofy riser on it. The DPH mount is pretty good. You can notch the front of the mount with a needle file to make an ersatz rear sight.

That's what I have and I was wondering if I could notch it as you suggested. I would also like to put an over sized knob on the back to make for tool free removal. Other than that, it works great and is solid.

The one thing I don't like about the Texas dog leg is bending a tab on it to hold it tight. Well, that and the fact the rear sight adds 40 bucks to the price.

I use an aluminum CAA tube on the same rifle as the DPH rail, so I replaced the rear machine screw with an "adjustable handle" threaded for 10-32 from McMaster-Carr. I had to fashion a tapered nut to fit in the rail's countersunk hole, but that was pretty easy.

The saiga 100 series .308 does not have a rear stock tang. So that rail won't likely work.

Yeah I finally saw an above shot of that one and saw how it attached... Did you ever put a texas weapons dog leg on yours? how well did it fit?

Edited by bang box