Ok, started getting in the parts to do a conversion of my new (1999 model) 7.62 saiga. I have a 223 or rather I had a223. My wife went shooting with me and well... she informed me I can borrow it for small game hunting, but I need to get the new rifle. Anyway, I ordered an Advanced Technology Strikeforce Stock Desert Tan Butt Pad Side Folder Stock, Pistol Grip, Forend AK A.2.20.1225. with the 20 inch barrel I wanted somthing I could fold so storage would be a bit easier. Well it has been on backorder for over 2 weeks. I am not sure I want to wait anymore. what other good stock sets are out there? and available. thanks all. Happy shooting.

There arent very many 'sets' out there. Css has fcg, pistol grip, and buttstock sets. Honestly, ati and ironwood are the only complete stock sets I have seen, and Ive looked everywhere. If you want modern and not wood, ati is the only 'set' out there in the price range. Options are always out there though, it all depends on how much you want to pay, money is everything. But youll have to buy things seperate.

Id look at carolina shooters supply, they have better prices and shipping than most anywhere.

Edited by Boomsick42

What do you have against traditional ak furniture? Like the polymer from kvar?

You plan on converting the rifle right? What's on your 223?

You could always go with a folding block and an ace stock or something if you need the folder.

Check www.carolinashooterssupply.com

Edited by hutchsaiga

This is what my 223 looks like. post-411-1170518732_thumb.jpg

I will be adding a brake soon since it jumps pretty hard. Why did I go this way? It was very cheap at the time. I am not against going traditional, I just want to look at all the options. I am also not to sure on what furniture will be good since it is a 20 inch barrel.

Personally I'd put that stock(from the 223) on the 20inch x39 and make it more like a draganov clone kinda sorta since its A 20incher

Then I'd get a recirver block and ace Skeleton stock for the 223. But if you don't require the folder. I'd just go polymer mil spec from carolinashooterssupply(i believe its made by k var)

You will obviously have to convert the rifle to do this

Also.

Do you already have the x39? If not why do you want a 20in barrell?

X39 doesn't gain much past 16inches

I have the 39. I was looking around and found one at a dealer that he got from an estate. It is a1999 model that doesn't look like it was ever fired. $350 and it went home with me. I could not find any around and looking on line that looked like a fair price. I am actually planning on using the rifle for pronghorn hunting. I did not realize that the bolt hold open was a latter thing since this rifle does not have it.

The BHO is not that much of an advantage, IMO, especially after conversion - don't like controls in my trigger guard but a trigger. Sounds like a fine deal to me tho.

If I had a 20 inch 7.62, it would become an RPK clone real quick. Look into it and I bet you like the idea too.

I do not like bipods that attach to the barrel. I do like having one that is useable though. A while ago my son gave me a forgrip from his airsoft to try on the 223. inside the grip is a bypod that springs out. I have been using it on thee 223 and I love it. It works well as a bypod and as a forgrip. I will probably pick another one up. I did find the ati kit for a good price. I was looking for tan, but ended up with black. My wife just laughed, " You are just going to camo paint it anyway". She is most likely right. Americans have the best camo uniforms in the world.... and then they stand in the desert with a black rifle... I will post some picts when I get r done. happy shooting.