Rigt now on Ebay there is a guy that has a bunch of new 2008 production North Armerican Rescue individual operator trauma kits for $50, or 3 for $150. If you need a good trauma kit these have most everything. The quikclot guaze would be out of date, but everything else would still be good. The item # is 110833003006. I picked up three, never know when you and a buddy will need them. Add a couple of 5x9 vasaline gauze and some 2" transpore tape and you would have a really good kit.

Looks well put together and LBT makes good nylon. Remember, your blow out kit is intended for you and not treating others. ETA: Don't try practicing chest cavity decompression on your buddy with that 14ga catheter! It really is something even in a real world situation not to fuck with unless trained to do so. Also, this is not a First Aid kit. It is a blow out kit for Tactical Combat Casualty Care. Looks like a decent piece of kit though. I may get one to have another set on my ruck.

Edited by MT Predator

feminine pads work AWESOME in ANY medical/survival kit... almost sterile, if they are not opened and DESIGNED to absorb blood!!!

:smoke:

With TCCC, your last concern is absorbing blood rather stopping bleeding with a gunshot wound. On appendages, tourniquet first! On chest cavity, Asherman chest seal, decompress with big fucking needle so victim can breathe. You are not stopping any severe bleeding from a traumatic wound with a Kotex. That is what this kit is intended to do.

feminine pads work AWESOME in ANY medical/survival kit... almost sterile, if they are not opened and DESIGNED to absorb blood!!!

000.gif

With TCCC, your last concern is absorbing blood rather stopping bleeding with a gunshot wound. On appendages, tourniquet first! On chest cavity, Asherman chest seal, decompress with big fucking needle so victim can breathe. You are not stopping any severe bleeding from a traumatic wound with a Kotex. That is what this kit is intended to do.

Agree. The problem I have with most kits, and this one, is that they usually don't provide for an exit wound. That's why i always make my own kits. This is one of the best you can buy pre-made, but I would still add some stuff. Edited by TFALAMO

Hi, I'm looking to put together my own kit, could you guys list items for me to include? Please feel free to be as complete in descriptions as possible... Thanks.

I have three seperate pouches. A small pouch I keep bandages, pills, and things that I might need not in an emergency. It is small and can fit in my coat pocket. I then have a blowout pouch, with quikclot gauze, a 4" dressing, scissors, and a CAT torniquet. I then have a trauma kit, I use a Blackhawk drop leg, or a Condor tear away EMT pouch. It will be used to treat battle injuries, and should be well thought out as your life depends on it. Kepp in mind your situation, if you go out alone and will be operating that way, you might want to carry a little more. If you are part of a larger group that might have medical personel, a litte less. What do you plan on encountering. Small arms, artillery, IED's, sniper fire? All these things should be considered. In my trauma kit I carry:

2-5x9 ABD pads

2-4x4 gauze pads

2-compressed gauze

2-5x9 petroleum gauze(for chest wounds and exit wounds)

1-asherman chest seal

1-6" battle dressing

1-roll 2" coflex

1-decompression needle

1-4x16 waterjel dressing

1-2" ace bandage

1-muslin bandage

1-TK4 tourniquet

1-4x4 Hemcon dressing

1-28fr naso airway with lube

gloves, a lightstick, sutures, alcohol and iodine wipes, and a blue sharpie.

The best place to get dressings and such is on Ebay. Sometimes you can find people who don't really know what they have, and seel it cheap. Make sure that the dates are still good. Check other forums and sites that deal with medical issues. Watch some youtube videos on how to use the products. North American Rescue has alot of videos on their website. Chinook Medical is a good place to get stuff if Ebay doesnt work.

Note on the needle/catheter. You want at least a 14 gauge if you are planning on decompressing a chest. Like I stated before, don't try this at home unless you have proper training!

Also, Israeli dressings are the shit if you can find them.

Note on the needle/catheter. You want at least a 14 gauge if you are planning on decompressing a chest. Like I stated before, don't try this at home unless you have proper training!

Also, Israeli dressings are the shit if you can find them.

Right, most kits have an 18ga needle with them. But you have to know how to use it. I've watched countless hours of videos and had several courses on trauma medicine. Having the cathether does you no good if you don't know where to put it. When you get your items, invest in the knowledge you will need to implement it. The best thing is to avoid being wounded. The chances of surviving anything but an extremity wound is slim. If you have a chest or abdominal wound that goes untreated, your risk of infection, internal bleeding, blood clots, among other things will take you out. Trauma kits are meant to stabilize until you can get to a real doctor. If you don't have someone that can perform delicate surgeries to repare your wounds, just make sure you are right with God.
  • Like 2

I also have the blood clotting agents used in the beginning of the Iraq war. The army stopped using them because they may cause internal clots but when given a choice of bleeding to death or using one, I would use it. If any forum member is a doctor with better knowledge of the risks using them, please post it.

I also have the blood clotting agents used in the beginning of the Iraq war. The army stopped using them because they may cause internal clots but when given a choice of bleeding to death or using one, I would use it. If any forum member is a doctor with better knowledge of the risks using them, please post it.

I'm not a doctor but I took a live tissue TCCC course taught by a PJ a few years ago and he showed us how the powder quick clot would float, so if you had a lot of bloodflow it wouldn't really help to seal the wound. The early versions could also cause burns and internal clots (as was mentioned). He believed it was a good idea but never had a bleeder he couldn't stop by properly packing the wound with gauze and wrapping it with an elastic bandage. If you could use a tourniquet and knew how to properly pack the wound you increased the victim's chances significantly. The latest version of quick clot is embedded in the gauze--theoretically the best of both worlds but I have no personal experience with it..

I'm not a doctor but I took a live tissue TCCC course taught by a PJ a few years ago and he showed us how the powder quick clot would float, so if you had a lot of bloodflow it wouldn't really help to seal the wound. The early versions could also cause burns and internal clots (as was mentioned). He believed it was a good idea but never had a bleeder he couldn't stop by properly packing the wound with gauze and wrapping it with an elastic bandage. If you could use a tourniquet and knew how to properly pack the wound you increased the victim's chances significantly. The latest version of quick clot is embedded in the gauze--theoretically the best of both worlds but I have no personal experience with it..

check these out atomic! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNecJ87z2gY G-d bless Israel! :)

check these out atomic! ...... G-d bless Israel! smile.png

Yeah, those are great. We kept Porky alive for quite a while, despite some gnarly injuries, with just those, gauze, a tourniquet, asherman chest seal, tape and a nose hose. It was a huge confidence booster. Everyone going down range should get a course like that. Screw PETA. The pigs were under general anesthesia anyway and one servicemember's life is worth a million pigs.

We've used pigs to test weapons for generations. I would have to agree with you. Animal testing on pigs to produce the best equipment possible is part of the development in weaponry. We kill millions every year to eat. A few for research make no difference to me.

The live tissue training was on a whole other level compared to anything I had done before. Quick clot is good stuff, but you have to know how to use it and it's very limited in is usage. It generally takes 2-3 people to apply it for best results... no way you could use it on yourself and its unlikely to be successful with just you and casualty. Pretty much any arterial bleeding can be stopped with direct pressure, tourniquets, and pressure points... with the exception of a few hard to reach places like the groin or shoulder which is where the clotting agents come in handy.

It's a big confidence boost once you see that as long as you can stop hemorrhaging and keep the casualty breathing that they can easily survive for hours with very severe trauma.

OB tampons are perfect. bullet shaped and small sterile package thermal wraped around it!

Every ED doc and combat medic I know HATES the idea of people sticking crap like that into wound channels. They don't really like the idea of using something like Celox-A, but they admit that it might make sense in the right situation.

Every reputable gear maker sells specialty pouches to build your own. Most troops I know including myself would scrounge up the components to build a BOK in one of these pouches. The BOK in question is a good deal IMO. The issued IFAK is intended to treat boo boos not battlefield injuries.

Edited by MT Predator

http://www.army.mil/...oped_at_Natick/

latest gear and reasons for the discontinuation of the london IFAC.

Thanks for the useless link. It doesn't say anything about LB, these were special issue kits, different from the IFAK issued to ground troops. These kits are better than the issue IFAK.

Just more worthless crap you are pushing. It's a good deal for a piece of shit that never worked well. The case itself is a fucking brick. The gear inside is expired and fucking retarded. You can make a better kit for 50 bucks.

"special issue"? you mean never issued due to the discontinuation of the worthless piece of kit?

shouldn't you become a business member to push links selling your crap?

OB tampons are perfect. bullet shaped and small sterile package thermal wraped around it!

Every ED doc and combat medic I know HATES the idea of people sticking crap like that into wound channels. They don't really like the idea of using something like Celox-A, but they admit that it might make sense in the right situation.

airforce right?

"special issue"? you mean never issued due to the discontinuation of the worthless piece of kit?

Discontinued because they don't want "Joe" to try ventilating his Battle Buddy's chest cavity with something that should never be issued to someone if they are not trained to use it. Combat Lifesaver doesn't teach you how to do it. TCCC does and not all Joes get TCCC training. I think the contents of the London Bridge kit are worth it but I would put them in a better, more accessible pouch that is intended to be a Blow Out Kit. Keeping critical items like your BOK in a pouch you have to dig into for is like keeping your fresh mags in a butt pack IMO.

ETA: There was a time when Quickclot was being removed from IFAKs because its improper use was creating more damage when treating wounds.

Edited by MT Predator
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Would the feminine napkins (not tampons) be useful for direct pressure? There may be better ways to dress a wound but it seems to me if you have to grab something for use in direct pressure this would be better than nothing, a rag, a towel etc.

Also I've checked into so called "first responder" training and ended up on a gov website that in typical fashion was so complex and convoluted it was hard to to know WTF... Any recommendations on this kind of training? I don't mean full blown EMT or a path to EMT certification, just something that would be useful if you found yourself in a situation where seconds count until competent help can be obtained.

Ha, that's my problem, I don't know jack shit and I feel it would be the responsible thing to get a clue about how to be effective instead of doing nothing or doing more harm than good. The USN didn't stress this kind of stuff...now I can plug the hell out of a hole in a ship's hull...well, with some help.