I am thinking of adding a magwell to my S12. After adding it, do the modified mags fit in easier that before or do you still need to grind some of the bolt like some people do when chosen not to install a magwell? I really dont want to mess with the bolt.

All depends on your planed use. JT engeneering has solved the drum stick debate. Here is mine with JT's agp magwell. i can run agp surfire and factory five with mod. you never touch the bolt. following the instructions for the agp or surefire mag mod is simple just remove alittle matterial at atime . you will see where it is holding up. I did not make mine dropfree due to the issue of possible having the mag fall out. so alittle rock back and forth or slight pull and it comes out.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/71194-magwell-why-didnt-i-do-sooner/page__fromsearch__1

If your taking the time,effort and $$ to do a magwell....

Just send your carrier and bolt to paulie and get it done right man.

The less friction and effort it takes to load/cycle, the better.

I also run a magwell,and from day one had my bolt ground and polished,

So I don't know how much harder it is to load with an unmoded bolt.

Also if your doing a magwell,SGM makes competition mags with the front lip removed,they work

great with the JT magwell and make fitting them to it a breeze.

All depends on your planed use. JT engeneering has solved the drum stick debate. Here is mine with JT's agp magwell. i can run agp surfire and factory five with mod. you never touch the bolt. following the instructions for the agp or surefire mag mod is simple just remove alittle matterial at atime . you will see where it is holding up. I did not make mine dropfree due to the issue of possible having the mag fall out. so alittle rock back and forth or slight pull and it comes out.

http://forum.saiga-1...__fromsearch__1

Interfere much with the mag well?

Dose the RAMS extended mag release Interfere much with the mag well? I think u have one of does installed on ur S12, right?

• 2 weeks later...

The magazines definitely fit easier! i finished mine yesterday. be patient when fitting it to the reciever. i got excited and broke the tap that came in the kit, which probably added another hour to the process. i'm still trying to work out the feeding issues though...

Reducing friction never hurts, but there is really no need for a bolt profile if your gun runs well and has a magwell. Mine runs great and loads as fast as possible with no effort or fumbling.

• Like 1

The magazines definitely fit easier! i finished mine yesterday. be patient when fitting it to the reciever. i got excited and broke the tap that came in the kit, which probably added another hour to the process. i'm still trying to work out the feeding issues though...

What's up man,its austin.

Get your ass out to the range with me,and we will get your saiga running!

What magwell u go with?

Edited by snafu360

Hell yeah man,The saiga will retire the day I get one.

Putting a mid barrel comp on this weekend on mine and some other goodies..

Should be looking about right by the first poky 3 gun :-)

You'll enjoy some of the stages I'm designing hehe

Until then shoot on!

I have no experience with other magwells, but really like my TAC47 M.A.G.12. I'm confident that my SGM mags would go in fine fully loaded (12 rounds) without a reprofiled bolt. Bear in mind, part of that bolt reprofile is for reliability, not just closed bolt loading.

• Like 1

Let me know about that 3 gun event. If the fees are low, I would love to make a drive to Idaho. Might be able to bring another member too.

Here's the flyer that was emailed out

Should be a good gear as we secured some dates:

Sat,May 5th

Sat,June 2nd

Sat,July 7th

Sat,August 4th

Sat,September 1st

This year we will have 2 stages of fun each match,as we also secured 2 bays for those dates.

Should be able to run 2 squads and allows everyone to shoot twice as fast.

Admission will be $10 this season, BUT with the support of it, we are able to add a lot more expendable

targets,(clays,paper,props,etc) into our course design.

You will be shooting from every angle you can think of,and be able to try your hand at some new targets!

The September match will be our FINALS match,and will be a bit different,but be ready for some fun!

Also with some support,we will have some good prizes! (Won't let the cat out of the bag just yet)

Soon you will see a flyer around your local sport/gun shops with more details!

So get the dust off your gear, go buy that new shotgun,mark your calendar for the first weekend of May-September and come

out for some 3 Gun action!

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at this email. (snafu250@gmail.com)

Let me know about that 3 gun event. If the fees are low, I would love to make a drive to Idaho. Might be able to bring another member too.

That would be awesome! I would recommend coming out to the September match.

Going to be the biggest and toughest,and at the end going to do our 1 vs. 1 match again.

Getting some support from the local shops for prizes as well!

Not even close to a big match but even after going to some bigger matches last year,I had the most fun on the 1 vs. 1 match.

Good group of guys in a laid back but still competive environment!

Plenty of shooting for the room were allowed at the range!