SaigaTeen **Update** He needs our prayers..

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WOW! I cant say thanks enough to everyone on here for all of your prayers and support. i cant even begin to explain how much it means to me. I will keep all of you in my prayers as well. Well, first o

Thanks everyone for all the support and prayers throughout this whole thing. It made all the difference in the world. Hopefully this will be the last time I ever have to go through something like this

Ummmmmm... Damn. Talk about getting blindsided. Can you make that cocksucker pay for mental anguish or delaying treatment that may have saved your life or given you more time? Money won't bring y

Posted Images

I wish I had found this thread earlier. Glad to hear that TJ is making a solid recovery. Here's why I wish I would have known sooner:

Along the topic, I have been doing some research in micro-dose chemotherapy. They have been saying since the '20s that cancer cells are sugar-starved. A few years back scientists at John Hopkins University started "baiting the trap" by introducing glucose to the chemo poison and the damn cells suck it up, poison with the sugar!

Plenty of articles can be found about it here. My big hope is that this knowledge helps someone else fighting, and that it gives them the secret weapon that can turn the tides of war. This is probably one of the easier to understand write-ups.

There is very little argument that the concept of chemotherapy has merit. The biggest problem has been that the normal cells are destroyed at the same or greater rate as the cancer cells. In addition, the cancer seems to build a resistance to the chemo over a period of time, resulting in the need for more intensive and destructive forms of chemotherapy.

Microdose chemotherapy, as used at Hospital Santa Monica, is based on the fact that a cancer cell has a voracious appetite for glucose - more than 30 times that of a normal cell - and that it cannot use an alternative fuel, as a normal cell can.

During induced hypoglycemia (lowering the glucose level of the cells), the cancer cells are stressed for glucose. If glucose is then administered, mixed with microdose chemotherapy, the cancer cells will preferentially take up the mixture - over the normal cells, which have switched to alternative fuels. Thus, the cancer cell, with 20 times the number of glucose receptors as the normal cell, takes in most of the chemo in its desperate attempt to get the glucose it needs to survive and the normal cell is barely affected. This process is also known as Insulin Potentiation Therapy.

Edited by slippingaway
  • Like 1

How many emoticons can I use to reply to this great news?

Winning! checkered_flag.gif

boxing.gif Knocked it's ass out... KO!

032.gif

wink.png

027.gif

Killed it! 022.gif

smile.png

biggrin.png

Cheers on kicking Cancer's ass! beer.gif

Now that news, is the best Christmas gift... Next to the birth of Christ 034.gif

Cancer is pissed at having it's ass whipped! 016.gif

Very Cool! 000.gif

Did I mention how cool this news is? cool.png

Screw hitting the Power Ball money.gif

VICTORY! victory.gif

bad_smile.gif Again, Cool!

big_smile.gif

amazing.gifYou beat cancer? eyes_droped.gif

secret_smile.gif You Da'Man!

• Like 5
When the whole world feels like it's imploding, I wanna take a moment to revel in small family victories! T.J. (who is like a son to us and a brother to James) just got back from his Doctor's appointment thursday with info on his scans after 9 months of chemo & radiation treating his stage 4 ewing sarcoma cancer, the Dr. has diagnosed T.J. to be CANCER FREE!!!! a true Christmas miracle! he does have some permanent damage to his arm, but he can LIVE with that! Family time with the boys is in order...!!! Thanks to all of you that have kept him in your prayers

When the whole world feels like it's imploding, I wanna take a moment to revel in small family victories! T.J. (who is like a son to us and a brother to James) just got back from his Doctor's appointment thursday with info on his scans after 9 months of chemo & radiation treating his stage 4 ewing sarcoma cancer, the Dr. has diagnosed T.J. to be CANCER FREE!!!! a true Christmas miracle! he does have some permanent damage to his arm, but he can LIVE with that! Family time with the boys is in order...!!! Thanks to all of you that have kept him in your prayers

Jugs.....I am soooooo happy for y'all, we have been dealing with cancer issues here also, all is good for now. Sorry fo drifting away from the forum for so long, but life gets crazy when we're going through this stuff.

TJ looks good.....keep fighten.

Dean

Thanks everyone for all the support and prayers throughout this whole thing. It made all the difference in the world. Hopefully this will be the last time I ever have to go through something like this. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers and never forget the support you gave me, through all my tough times. Thank You

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...