Battle of the Stocks: Who's Got The Best Butt?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one!   I like the KVAR NATO length as it's a little longer than the warsaw specs. It makes for a really great baseball bat and skull fucker. Collapsable sto

Heres my opinion.... YAY, another poll!

I paid over $500 for this SVDS stock so I had better think it's the best or I might be totally stupid. (Hold your comments please).

Posted Images

I really like the ace. But this is one of those opinion questions..well that and what do you desire in a stock..that might help others guide you to finding what will suite you best. Sure would be nice if you could try on stocks like shoes!

Yes, it would! Personally, I'm looking for something rugged, length adjustable, and well padded. Folding is not a primary interest, but would be a nice addition. That said, I'm thinking of going with the VLTOR Emod. I don't like the fact that it requires an adapter, but I'm comforted by the storage it provides. Overall, I'd probably prefer a slim profile / skeleton with adjustable length and a StormWerkz stock hinge. Since that doesn't exist (to my knowledge), the VLTOR route seems best for me.

Generally (with some exceptions), anything american made by large companies that is supposed to go on a Soviet designed weapon is utter shit. Usually will always be shit, too, no matter how hard they try to make a product while saving pennies.

Feel free to rage, cry, moan, shoot yourself, write to the president, whatever.

post-36320-0-58609900-1331751135_thumb.gif

• Like 4

I got the Magpul MOE stock and added the Magpul Enhanced recoil pad offered for it from CSS. I like it a LOT! 032.gif

(Did not see that option in your poll...)

Didn't think the MOE would have much of a showing for a shotgun... Also unaware of the enhanced recoil pad. Just generally ignorant, I guess.

Limb savers are for girls.

302354_10150372887168711_816833710_8148763_193755897_n.jpg

Great! I hope they sell a lot!

I paid over $500 for this SVDS stock so I had better think it's the best or I might be totally stupid. (Hold your comments please).

svds.jpg

Sweet lookin'! How's it feel when shooting 3" magnums?

What's special about the Russian AK 100 series folding stock? Other then authenticity, of course.

Generally (with some exceptions), anything american made by large companies that is supposed to go on a Soviet designed weapon is utter shit.

I guess that is why modern Russian rifles are now sporting American inspired collapsing stocks, rails, and VFGs.

• Like 1

As far as the thread goes- any folding stock of any origin that isn't overly wobbly will do for me. Pads can be attached if needed, and the thing folds, which is a huge plus for various reasons.

I guess that is why modern Russian rifles are now sporting American inspired collapsing stocks, rails, and VFGs.

I was going to point out all the things wrong with your statement, but then I realized that you cant distinguish between the Soviet Union and Russia.

Maybe you're just a huge fan of tapco, and got offended by the picture? Or maybe you just couldn't resist when I said to "Feel free to rage, cry, moan, shoot yourself, write to the president, whatever."?

Either way, I humbly apologize that my post offended you.

Generally(with some exceptions), anything american made by large companies that is supposed to go on a Soviet designed weapon is utter shit.

Not trying to stir any pot, but I kinda agree with the OP. There are exeptions as stated above.

IMHO when it counts, I'll take the primitive made comblock stuff over most offerings from large companies that crank out inferior products. Most don't give a rats ass if it holds up. As long as people think it looks cool it's $$$ in their pocket.

Krebs, Tromix, MD and a few other smaller companies make some nice stuff though

no stock is the "best", it's all opinion. and usually the people who have that kind of stock will say it's the "best", because no one is going to say the stock they bought sucks.

they all serve the same purpose, to shoulder the weapon. the thing that you have to ask yourself, is which one do I like

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I got the Magpul MOE stock and added the Magpul Enhanced recoil pad offered for it from CSS. I like it a LOT! 032.gif

Didn't think the MOE would have much of a showing for a shotgun... Also unaware of the enhanced recoil pad. Just generally ignorant, I guess.

svds.jpg

What's special about the Russian AK 100 series folding stock? Other then authenticity, of course.

I haven't mounted it yet. It's going on my next shotgun which will be the 030 U.S. version or hopefully one day the VEPR 12. I expect this to be the most comfortable stock that I have ever had on a shotgun, though. The butt end is well padded and the curvature on the low end raises the stock slightly and conforms to the shape of the shoulder. That along with the padded cheek rest should make this thing ideal for helping to absorb the recoil from magnum loads. Don't underestimate the value of authenticity. What you get along with authenticity is a lot of R&D and it really shows in the quality of this stock.

no stock is the "best", it's all opinion. and usually the people who have that kind of stock will say it's the "best", because no one is going to say the stock they bought sucks.

they all serve the same purpose, to shoulder the weapon. the thing that you have to ask yourself, is which one do I like

Yep, that's a given. All polls are opinion based.

svds.jpg

I haven't mounted it yet. It's going on my next shotgun which will be the 030 U.S. version or hopefully one day the VEPR 12. I expect this to be the most comfortable stock that I have ever had on a shotgun, though. The butt end is well padded and the curvature on the low end raises the stock slightly and conforms to the shape of the shoulder. That along with the padded cheek rest should make this thing ideal for helping to absorb the recoil from magnum loads. Don't underestimate the value of authenticity. What you get along with authenticity is a lot of R&D and it really shows in the quality of this stock.

It's definitely a sweet sniper stock. Where might these be found?

If a picture paints a thousand words, I'll save myself a little typing....

post-22401-0-93880300-1331776059_thumb.jpg

You should sell one of those UR's greedy.gif

I'm considering an "election sale". It is all about the timing.

I sent out a Form 1 for the one with the MOLOT grip in November and I hope to have it in hand before the election. It is driving me nuts.

I chose to use the Mako SLR16S stock w/cheek riser and the AK 47/74 Collapsible Stock Tube w/ Shock Absorber. Then for good measure I took a Limbsaver ar15 snap on pad sans the flange ground away. This gives it a very snug slip on fit. Still working out the details and different ideas on my build. GUNFUN said it: comfort = control. If Im not mistaken, Gun Control is Being Able To Hit Your Target!!

svds.jpg

Rusmilitary has them sometimes but usually they are sold out. I got this one from forum member "Sashagardner" who indicated he may be getting more of them.

I like magpul stuff.

I don't like it on an AK/S12 or otherwise. Not only does it look like shit. 9/10 it just adds weight. On an AK the stock plus the stock tube, adapter, and in some cases hinge... adds a considerable amount of weight. Compare it to the standard comblock stuff and see what weighs less but accomplishes the same task.

I pick that. Or in this case - folding 100 series.

I just don't understand why people add parts that don't need to be there to run a different stock. On an AR, the tube HAS to be there. I would say the UBR is a nice stock however. But it isn't a light one either.

To each their own always. But I'm also allowed to gag if your "own" looks like crap.

Edited by Asmodeus
  • Like 1

I like magpul stuff.

I don't like it on an AK/S12 or otherwise. Not only does it look like shit. 9/10 it just adds weight. On an AK the stock plus the stock tube, adapter, and in some cases hinge... adds a considerable amount of weight. Compare it to the standard comblock stuff and see what weighs less but accomplishes the same task.

I pick that. Or in this case - folding 100 series.

I just don't understand why people add parts that don't need to be there to run a different stock. On an AR, the tube HAS to be there. I would say the UBR is a nice stock however. But it isn't a light one either.

To each their own always. But I'm also allowed to gag if your "own" looks like crap.

I hate adapters for most anything, but sans the "right" features in a native stock you don't have much choice. Sure, you could make one, but you'll still need a stock in the meantime. That said, I'm inclined to favor US made products when reasonable and will accept an adapter when the "right" features requires it.

Anyone feel like making me a length adjustable skeleton stock with lots of padding and AK native connection? Bonus points for one made of Nylon with steel inserts for added strength.

svds.jpg

Rusmilitary has them sometimes but usually they are sold out. I got this one from forum member "Sashagardner" who indicated he may be getting more of them.

I'd really want to get my hands on one before I committed to spending the dough necessary to acquire one. However, if you're going for authenticity and looks, seems like a no brainer.