Battle of the Stocks: Who's Got The Best Butt?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one!   I like the KVAR NATO length as it's a little longer than the warsaw specs. It makes for a really great baseball bat and skull fucker. Collapsable sto

Heres my opinion.... YAY, another poll!

I paid over $500 for this SVDS stock so I had better think it's the best or I might be totally stupid. (Hold your comments please).

Posted Images

For the S-12, I would prefer the Tromix stock out of the choices given. Besides that, my first choices would be the Russian Polymer folder, or the some of the US made skeleton stocks on the market...namely the Ace and DPH Arms ones. The original Galil is also very nice, but as 6500 said, takes a lot of custom work to install. The Ace is a close enough replacement IMO for availability and ease of installation. With the original (non push button) style hinge, it's rock solid on lockup, and easy enough to open.

I chose a stock from Mako Security and am verry happy with my decision ( http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GL-SHOCKCP&Category_Code=_STKS ) With that stock I use a Tapco MIL-SPEC tube and an ace folding setup. This way I have an adjustable folding stick with a shock absorber and adjustable cheek rest. I don't think it can be beat. Actually, I've used the same setup on my AK-47 Draco pistol SBR conversion. It's not cheap but money wasn't my first concern.

I chose a stock from Mako Security and am verry happy with my decision ( http://www.makosecur...gory_Code=_STKS ) With that stock I use a Tapco MIL-SPEC tube and an ace folding setup. This way I have an adjustable folding stick with a shock absorber and adjustable cheek rest. I don't think it can be beat. Actually, I've used the same setup on my AK-47 Draco pistol SBR conversion. It's not cheap but money wasn't my first concern.

Oh, great, more recoil reduction voodoo magic. You never see them back up the talk with actual facts....

[hijack]

Does anybody happen to know who makes the lightest stock? (not including wire or triangle stocks)

[/hijack]

There are too many variations... and I'd go so far as to suggested that if one was easily identifiable as the lightest, it would also be the worst.

Hello

While I'm not crazy about the looks of any AR tube stock on an AK receiver, I'm mounting my new Ace "Hammer" stock on the S-17 just because it is all metal, adjustable, and damn near bulletproof. Kind of the same qualities one imagines when hefting the shorty 12's.

Function over form, it's a tool, not a damn purse.

JMHO

-guido

"God Loves Liberty"

I'm thinking about the ATI collapsible with the cheek rest and recoil pad, the price looks nice, but does anybody know how well they hold up to heavy use? My primary use for the SAIGA is target clays, as weird as that sounds, I love a short gun for it's maneuverability when shooting multiple clays, but whatever I attach needs to be able durable to stand up to hundreds of rounds a day. I've pretty much ruled out folding stocks for this reason I've never actually seen or used one, but I find it hard to believe they could stand up to this kind of use without becoming loose and wallowing out the folding mechanism. Any information would be appreciated thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

My folding stock has withstood hundreds of rounds in a day so far...

Try not to take this as insulting but you said "durable" and ATI in the same post. The only way that "ATI" and "durable" can exist in the same post is if the word "isn't" is inserted between them...

Well, I'm being kinda harsh to ATI, my collapsable stock on my 500 security has stood up so far, so I guess they aren't that bad.

I have a push button Ace block. I got it used and there is a little wiggle on two axes, but there is no danger of it failing. Is that durable within your meaning?

The butler creek folder on our boat 10/22 has seen more than 30 years of abuse more severe than all but a few guns face. It never wiggles at all, is easy to operate, and after about 20 yearsof it's life, I replaced the spring because rust and use had made it softer.

Folders are great on a gun you want to have with you and easy to hand, but out of the way at the same time. There is some use for tight spaces too. If your gun goes from the safe to the range and back, I doubt you will appreciate the difference. To me, it is a key feature of any long-gun that I can turn it into a medium-gun when I have it in my workspaces. Fishing boat deck and cabin primarily. If I worked on a ranch with predator problems, the thinking would be the same for the truck/tractor gun. At home, I can maneuver through tight hallways more easily, although I prefer to shoulder the gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I can't compliment someone else's stock by expressing how much I'd like to have it on my weapon?

Now if I were a negative asshole who downs on everyone to feel better about myself, then I'd be retarded...

LOL

If its not an Arsenal, Glock 20 or built by Lone Star, then its not worth a fuck. Havent you learned anything?

• Like 1

I have the SBT-K47 recoil-reducing stock tube on mine (has an internal spring to absorb recoil) along with a rather basic Mako stock. It works like a charm, after 300 rounds at the range, my shoulder was barely red for a couple of hours compared to the factory stock where I was black and blue for a week after 50 rounds. XD

I'm legitimately surprised I don't see more love for the SBT-K47. Maybe folks are more purist around here than to put an AR/M4 style stock on an AK...

FYI, AR telestocks are useful for LEO's and others who must shoot in different conditions, with differing levels of body armor at different times.

RUsoldier.jpg

Personally I dig my custom-modified M249 folder.

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

The hinge is integrated with the end plate, not an add-on, so it's much thinner. Positively locks both open and closed. Can swing from either side. Opens very easily.

DSC00297.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, I can't compliment someone else's stock by expressing how much I'd like to have it on my weapon?

Now if I were a negative asshole who downs on everyone to feel better about myself, then I'd be retarded...

LOL

If its not an Arsenal, Glock 20 or built by Lone Star, then its not worth a fuck. Havent you learned anything?

Ah yes, glad you're gradually catching on. biggrin.png

If you want a slant-cut receiver so badly, (cause you like the looks or wtfe), cut yours up.

But I stand by what I said. The only reason slant-cut receivers exist is to get by idiotic import regulations. They have no functional advantages.

Now if you can refute that with logic, I'm eager to hear it. wink.png

On a side-note: shit, I guess some of my criticisms have been hitting a nerve, eh Mullet Man? That's really not my intention. I'll try to be a little less cynical, but I can't promise anything. biggrin.png

Edited by post-apocalyptic

If you want a slant-cut receiver so badly, (cause you like the looks or wtfe), cut yours up.

But I stand by what I said. The only reason slant-cut receivers exist is to get by idiotic import regulations. They have no functional advantages.

Now if you can refute that with logic, I'm eager to hear it. wink.png

On a side-note: shit, I guess some of my criticisms have been hitting a nerve, eh Mullet Man? That's really not my intention. I'll try to be a little less cynical, but I can't promise anything. biggrin.png

I "cut mine up" for a custom build and it had nothing to do with import regulations or existing regulations, and something to do with introduced (and not passed) legislation, but EVERYTHING to do with function. My finger isn't long enough to reach the trigger if I hadn't moved the thumbhole up and forward on my custom build.

On your side note...... No nerve struck here. I wouldn't expect change.laugh.png