Izhamsh to increase S-12 sales in the USA by 50%

I can't remember where, but recently I read that some old cold war treaty was expiring, some old trade sanction on the USSR that is now meaningless. Is this the old sanction on small arms that banned the Tiger rifle and a bunch of other shit? Reading this thread makes me think there may be some connection? (Damn I would love to buy a Tiger!).

• Like 2

I can't remember where, but recently I read that some old cold war treaty was expiring, some old trade sanction on the USSR that is now meaningless. Is this the old sanction on small arms that banned the Tiger rifle and a bunch of other shit? Reading this thread makes me think there may be some connection? (Damn I would love to buy a Tiger!).

What is going away is the "Jackson-Vanik Amendment" (Title IV of the. Trade Act of 1974)

http://www.cfr.org/t...mendment/p18844

Russia is joining the W.T.O. so maybe things will get better, check out the freaky man-monster clutching the trade agreement in his weird claw/hands

http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

Edited by preparehandbook
  • Like 1

the WTO is an arm of the UN is it not? what good ever came out of those bolshevik scum?

"The Obama administration has called for the repeal of Jackson-Vanik, saying trade with Russia would have a positive effect on its human rights record"

that's rich, the U.S. govt. has one of the worst human rights records on the planet.

the clinton administration gave china "permanent" most favored nation trading status. and access to our patents. i think the kick backs did the talking. i doubt china's human rights record was even a consideration. the "anti-gun" clinton administration allowed in millions of cheap chinese small arms and ship loads of 1960's production ammo.

"The Obama administration has called for the repeal of Jackson-Vanik"

As if we had a choice, LOL.

Per WTO charter all members of the WTO must have "continous normalized trade relations" therefore the US would be in violation if we continued to implement Jackson-Vanik which calls for a yearly renewal of trade relations, a convention that over the years has become a meaningless yearly ritual in which Russia states they aren't being naughty to immigrants and we give them the OK to sell us Saigas, Vodka and caviar (I'm sure Russia has other exports, but they are probably boring)

So Obama has no choice but to repeal Jackson-Vanik or it would be merely ruled invalid by the WTO.

I can see the next headlines:

"Obama calls for the sun to rise"

"Congress calls for ducks to migrate, still undecided about geese"

"Senate calls for gravity to continue it's campaign against parkour practitioners"